Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SA MC Operator vs Kimber Warrior

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I own both the two Kimber Warriors, 1- [ Black ] and [ Tan ]Desert Warrior and both are series 1. The Desert Warrior only comes in series 1, 70 series and the Black Warrior comes in series 1 and series 2. I have had 0 problems with my Black Warrior and problems with my Tan Desert Warrior feed ramp. So I polish my feed ramp with a Dremel and it need 300 rounds through it and now it runs like my Glocks. I Love my 2- Kimber Warriors and would buy Warriors again. I have nothing against Springfield Armory.

Feedback Score
    As I've stated numerous times, I firmly believe that if you want a 1911 for serious use, the minimum level of quality for a duty/carry weapon is the SA Pro model (either PC9111 or PC9111LR if you want a light rail). The MC Oper is far closer to the mark than any Kimber II, but in my experience still can benefit from some additional refinement--fortunately the Custom Shop at SA can easily upgrade the MC Oper.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Cop View Post
    What does that run from Springfield?

$$$

Ky Cop
    Haha $1k and some change more than the MC Operator it's worth every penny though. I love my Pro, so much that I ordered another one with a Rail.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    OH DANG I like that 10-8 SA Op.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Sign up for the newsletter so you can put in an order in April for the 10-8!
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    I can't say anything about the operator because i have never even held one. But I used to have a Desert Warrior and it was a tack driver right out of the box. Mine didn't seem to go through the "break in" period everyone talks about.

The only thing I didn't like about it was that it would only feed ball ammo properly, if you loaded a JHP round into it more than once it pushed the bullet down into the casing. Kimber told that this was normal and that 1911s were designed for ball ammo and not JHPs.

I didn't trust it as an everyday carry weapon because it seemed so tight I felt it would malfunction with the least bit of neglect and it was pretty heavy (but those might be the same for any 1911 and more just a personal preference thing for me). So I traded it for an H&K and have since went solely to Glocks that I can carry at work.

Feedback Score
    As promised:

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthre...47#post2535747

http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...776#post753776

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...25#Post1626125

The middle one is kinda useless, but meh. There ya go!

From these posts and the research I did, I came to the conclusion that the SA Operator was, by a small amount, a better pistol. I'm not trying to upset any Kimber fanboys... Kimber is a quality product, but my OPINION from other SA / Kimber owners led me to that conclusion

Good luck... make sure to let us know which you decide on... and post pics!!
    Dynamically Scaled Oblique Flying Wing!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV-eTXIyYYQ

Feedback Score

Operator

After months of research on various Forums and talking to buddies who have 1911s, I purchased a TRP Operator (half rail). I have only put about 400 rounds through it, but I am very impressed so far. I was also looking at the Kimber Warrior, but too many bad reviews and customer service issues (1 year warranty?) led me back to Springfield. Just my .02

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    As I've stated numerous times, I firmly believe that if you want a 1911 for serious use, the minimum level of quality for a duty/carry weapon is the SA Pro model (either PC9111 or PC9111LR if you want a light rail). The MC Oper is far closer to the mark than any Kimber II, but in my experience still can benefit from some additional refinement--fortunately the Custom Shop at SA can easily upgrade the MC Oper.

Doc, what would you have SA custom shop do to the MC Op?

FYI, I voted with my money. MC

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I vote Springfield because they have a much better reputation.
    Last edited by MarshallDodge; 03-23-10 at 09:46. Reason: spelling
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast