Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Khyber Pass

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Khyber Pass

Okay Templar,

Tell me what I need to know about building a Khyber Pass. I see that DCI is now building receivers for them so besides a Romy G kit and a Bulgy side folder what else to I need?

Who can put it all together for me?

Feedback Score
    That is a good start. I am working on one myself right now. I am going to build it with a Hungarian front end from an AMMS kit and use Egyptian handguards. I am not sure what grip is "correct".

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    As far as correct.....since as far as we know, none have been photographed up close, we don't really know, but I'd go with the new "shiny plumb" US grip from K-Var.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    I am going to regret this, but....what is a Khyber Pass gun?

I know it is a location. I was unaware of a perticular rifle configuration named after that area.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWBlue View Post
    I am going to regret this, but....what is a Khyber Pass gun?

I know it is a location. I was unaware of a perticular rifle configuration named after that area.

Pictures started surfacing in Afghanistan and Central Asia back in the mid 90's of a prticular conifguration that no one had seen from a military arsenal......an AKM with an AK-74 triangular steel folding stock.

The most famous is the one that Osama was filmed shooting in a propaganda film.

At first we thought these were home grown modifications done in Afghanistan or Pakistan......hence the "Khyber Pass" moniker....

Then we started seeing Uzbek federal troops with them, so they might very well be a limited production in one of the Russian armories, or locally modded rifles.......

Uzbek troops.....

"KARA-SUU, UZBEKISTAN: Uzbek soldiers stand guard along the bridge leading to Kyrgyzstan across the Sharikh Khansai river in town of Kara-Suu, 21 May 2005. Security forces have been massively reinforced in Uzbekistan's restive border town of Kara-Suu following a large protest there on the previous day, an AFP correspondent standing just across the border, in the Kyrgyz part of the town, reported. AFP PHOTO / MAXIM MARMUR (Photo credit should read MAXIM MARMUR/AFP/Getty Images)"

Feedback Score
    Shiny plum it is. One US slant, one US grip, one US trigger group and one DCI and all is well with the alphabet boys.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    RWBlue, on a somewhat related note, you might get a kick out of this thread on AKForums....lots of cool pics from the NW Territories in Pakistan...

http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/viewto...light=pakistan

Feedback Score
    I've got the stock set and ordered a receiver, now I just need a kit. Copes is out of select romy's. Any suggestions on alternate kits? I'm looking for something with a new or like new chrome barrel.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akoni View Post
    I've got the stock set and ordered a receiver, now I just need a kit. Copes is out of select romy's. Any suggestions on alternate kits? I'm looking for something with a new or like new chrome barrel.
    Gunthings.com still shows excellent condition Romanian kits.

Cope's just got some Hungarian underfolder kits. Barrels should be great, and you could probably sell the stock set that you're not using.

I'm toying with that idea myself.

Feedback Score
    DPH has nice kits too. I just got 2 with paper in the barrel.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast