Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flash mob in Philly! (Video)

Feedback Score
    yeah my boss has been talking about sending us out there to work at night, if that happens I'll go work at McDeeznuts or some other mininum wage hell hole.
    A wise man can see more from the bottom of a well than a fool can from the top of a mountain. -unknown

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodandsteel View Post
    I had a group of misguided youths try to stop my car one night after my shift ended. There was a group of about 10 of them. One of the female members tried to get me to stop, while the male members began to come out in the street and yell at me as well. At that time, all I could do was hit the gas and hope no one got in the way.

Back then, mid 1990's, all I carried was my S&W model 36. And my cell phone was a large brick phone that was in my trunk for whatever reason.

That was a wake up call. Not sure what I would do with ten times the number. At least I learned to carry more than that snubby, and always have my phone with me.
    How many people does it take to stop a typical motor vehicle under full throttle, the world wonders?

Seriously, a mob attack IS deadly force. Mow them down like bowling pins. Pedestrians and bicyclists intent on harming you are no match for 3000+ lbs of steel.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    How many people does it take to stop a typical motor vehicle under full throttle, the world wonders?

Seriously, a mob attack IS deadly force. Mow them down like bowling pins. Pedestrians and bicyclists intent on harming you are no match for 3000+ lbs of steel.

While this may be true, it is absolutely not something you would want to have to back up in court. It has happened on South Street before, more than once.

If you bruise a few folks up, maybe you get off all things considered. You start running anyone down in front of you, no matter how chaotic the situation, you are likely fu*ked.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    While this may be true, it is absolutely not something you would want to have to back up in court. It has happened on South Street before, more than once.

If you bruise a few folks up, maybe you get off all things considered. You start running anyone down in front of you, no matter how chaotic the situation, you are likely fu*ked.
    I'm not getting pulled out of my car, or have my car set on fire with me and mine in it. I will do whatever I have to do to prevent being victimized.

Backing this up in court? Should take about 1 hour to find dozens of videos from TV broadcasts of what happens to cars and their occupants when involved in violent riots.

What was the name of that truck driver dragged out of his truck and beaten within an inch of his life during the Rodney King riots?

Feedback Score
    Powerbraking might be a good crowd control, enough burning tire smoke will make people back away.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Sierra View Post
    I'm not getting pulled out of my car, or have my car set on fire with me and mine in it. I will do whatever I have to do to prevent being victimized.

And so would I if need be. In fact there would be so many body pieces stuck to my grill they would need a power-washer to get all the gook out. But regardless I would almost assuredly be screwed legally in that backwards-assed city, justifiable or not.

Put it to you this way, I suspect that if you hurt a few of the animals you will be charged with some bogus misdemeanor. But if you very deservedly kill one or more of the animals, you will just have to get a good lawyer and pray.
    "Facit Omina Voluntas = The Will Decides" - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    I would like to say I am deeply concerned about this situation and we are monitoring it closely. This is obviously a case of right wing extremism.

Feedback Score
    [/QUOTE]
    What was the name of that truck driver dragged out of his truck and beaten within an inch of his life during the Rodney King riots?[/QUOTE]

.......his name is Reginald Denny, and as I also drive a truck(nightly into Philly no less!!) I have always said if the same thing were to happen to me, I would run over anyone to save my life, and make it home to my family!
    "....merely owning a rifle, no more makes you a rifleman, than having a piano makes you a musician!"--Col. Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Safetyhit View Post
    But if you very deservedly kill one or more of the animals, you will just have to get a good lawyer and pray.
    I'm down with that.

I'd rather be alive to face the kangaroo court.

And I will endure anything, and I do mean anything, to protect my wife and child from animals like that. As I am sure all here would.

Feedback Score
    I drive a Toyota. It's not my fault it accelerated and caused me to run over a crowd of people. I did honk my horn but they wouldn't move.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast