Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Range test: Tan 20" MSAR STG 556

Feedback Score
    I'll have to get some pictures of my STG 556 up soon, just waiting till I get my sling in hahahah.

Which optic are you using? How is it working out for you?

Michael

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not meaning to hijack Ray's thread. But here's what I'm using for an optic on my STG. It's the Leupold CQ/T 1x-3x scope.

I tried one of these on an AR some years back and didn't like it because it made the carbine very top heavy. The STG's balance point is more centered and the weight up top doesn't really make the gun feel bad at all, in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmorrison08 View Post
    I'll have to get some pictures of my STG 556 up soon, just waiting till I get my sling in hahahah.

Which optic are you using? How is it working out for you?

Michael
    I am currently using Leupolds' Mark AR 1.5 to 4 power scope. It's not fancy, but it is working great for me.

Down the road, I might switch optics, but for now, I'll stick to what I got.

Tokarevs' Leupold CQ/T 1x-3x scope is another good option.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have been offered a trade + some ammo, or whatever for one in black, for my M1A Bush lately, and I was VERY tempted! My only hangup with the trade is, the M1A is my only 308, but, I am finally 99% sure I have a job now, so I could replace the 308 later, and in something other than M1A. The MSAR in trade, is the STG and NOT the E4, which my understanding is the E4 can not only take AR mags, but will be coming out with a 6.8 barrel. That part I really like.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    are the factory 1.5x optics any good? i like the way it looks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    and does anyone know if a microtech msar 1.5x optic will fit on the steyr aug a3 if i were to swap it out?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Some like the factory optic, but others don't. I heard that they don't make these optics anymore.

They do not fit on the Steyr A3.

The STG stocks can be swapped out to E4 stocks. One can purchase them separately.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tobasco View Post
    are the factory 1.5x optics any good? i like the way it looks.
    The factory optic has been discontinued. There has been some speculation that MSAR is looking for a new contractor to produce the factory optic but I don't think that's anything other than wishful thinking at this point.

There have been a number of posts on TOS about scopes not holding zero, etc. The scope that came on my E4 broke within 50-75 rounds.

I agree that the scope looks "right" on the Microtech but there are better options out there if you plan on using your rifle at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12