Thread: MS - Man brought a blade to a gunfight. (Video)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

MS - Man brought a blade to a gunfight. (Video)

http://www.wapt.com/news/22921774/detail.html
    JACKSON, Miss. --
    The owner of a Jackson auto salvage business said a man trying to steal from him charged with a sling blade, so he shot him.

Masoud Bayati, the owner of M&B Auto Sales on Country Club Drive, said when he went to get a part Tuesday at about noon, he saw the man on his property. When Bayati told him to leave, the man charged him with the blade. Bayati said he picked up a shotgun he had hidden in the grass and shot the man.

"He didn't know I had a shotgun. He just came to me. He used his ax and came toward me and I told him not to come toward me, and he was so sure I couldn't protect myself, so he got closer and I picked up my shotgun that was laying behind the car," Bayati said.

The man, who was identified by police as Curtis Wright, 48, was shot in the leg and taken by ambulance to a local hospital. His condition was not immediately known.

Bayati said he also had a pistol hidden in the grass near the shotgun. He said he kept it there because of the crime problems he’s experienced during the 15 years he has owned the business. Bayati also owns a similar business on Northside Drive.

"I had a hard time breathing. That don't happen every day," Bayati said. "I feel so bad for him and also for myself. I'm out of so much money trying to protect myself and seems like I can't get no protection."

Police questioned Bayati, but he has not been charged.

Once Wright is released from the hospital, he is expected to be charged with grand larceny, police said.
    I don't suggest aiming for the leg.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    That'll stop any argument with anti-gunners about the police coming to the rescue. And a great reminder to always have weapon on hand. I don't want to think about what kind of damage a slingblade would do with a bunch of inertia behind it. Hope the guy up in Jackson feels better about himself after the shooting. No, I am not referring to the guy in the hospital!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    That's funny!
    I just hope if I ever had to amputate a bad guys leg with a shotgun I wouldn't down in the dumps about it.
    I too don't recommend shooting for the leg, especially if the dude had an axe.
    "Oh, its a wonderful day! My sun is shining, my birds are chirping, my humongous chicken defeated Elmo." Huxley

Feedback Score
    The suspect who got shot should be charged with attempted murder as well since he physically tried to attack the business owner with a deadly weapon.

Feedback Score
    He had a shotgun in the grass. That's funny.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It would be impossible to invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. And a shotgun....and a pistol!
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Wait...so he had a loaded shotgun and pistol just "hidden in the grass" at his car lot. Obviously he was standing in the perfect place to grab it and defend himself so good for him but something sounds really wrong here. How do you leave loaded firearms just laying in the grass for someone to find and pickup?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What a strange hiding place for firearms...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by citizensoldier16 View Post
    It would be impossible to invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass. And a shotgun....and a pistol!
    and a couple mags
    Last edited by woody d; 03-25-10 at 15:46.
    "I can make you feel, but i cant make you think"- Ian Anderson