Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Which rail for a 12.5 barrel?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Which rail for a 12.5 barrel?

I have a DD 12.5 barrel. I ordered a DD Lite 12 rail but not sure it will be the best choice. Suggestions? Pictures would be great too. Thanks!
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    48 (100%)
    If you run the dd 12 lite rail on a 12.5 barrell you wont be able to run a suppressor on the gun that I know of because the lug on the FH / MB will be inside the rail.

-TS
    S/F,
    Daryl

"To know yet to think that one does not know is best;
    Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty."--Lao Tzu

Feedback Score
    It will work but as stated you wont be able to run a supressor. I prefer fixed fsb's so I run a larue 7'' on my 12.5, it's set up for a surefire 556AR so I couldnt run anything longer than a 9'' rail anyways.

I really dont see much of a problem with the lite rail unless you just don't like it or want a little more barrel poking out.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    whats the weapons purpose? what stuff do you hang off it? do you need the rail space? what distances will you be shooting? will you be using a suppressor? etc....

RAS, when you don't know.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 03-25-10 at 23:13.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    whats the weapons purpose? what stuff do you hang off it? do you need the rail space? what distances will you be shooting? will you be using a suppressor? etc....

RAS, when you don't know.
    rifle will be used for now as the all-purpose everything stick. training, plinking, defense, etc. plan to have x300/light, afg, and irons, nothing else planned. i have thought about a can, but that is about it, it would be nice to get one in the future, but not a deal breaker. i think that covers it.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    how do you hold the weapon with your support hand? how do you position your light? want 12 o'clock mounting? FSB or folding BUIS?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rated21R View Post
    rifle will be used for now as the all-purpose everything stick. training, plinking, defense, etc. plan to have x300/light, afg, and irons, nothing else planned. i have thought about a can, but that is about it, it would be nice to get one in the future, but not a deal breaker. i think that covers it.

A short barrel with a long rail has a tactiCOOL looking factor to it but IMHO its too much. I say a 9'' or 10" should do you fine. Its enough space to add a light,grip,laser and so on with out adding all the extra weight. Even though its a DD Lite rail that extra few inches you will feel if you go through any classes, schools, or just humping it around. If its what you like then go for it, I just don't understand why people weigh their guns down so much with extra long rails. To each their own.

**I forgot but if its a longer sight radius you want then I think Larue makes a GOOSENECK Rail. The rail itself is 9'' or 10'' long with a 1'' top rail hangover. Its pretty cool looking in my opinion and fucntional since you gain the extra lenght for your irons. **
    Last edited by K9222; 03-26-10 at 00:57.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    the gooseneck is titties for 12 o'clock lighting. i, also am anti-heavy, these days, and much prefer a cramped 7" of rails to spaciousness that makes my arm burn after 60 seconds holding eyes-on.

but we gotta find out what homeboy's needs are.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    how do you hold the weapon with your support hand? how do you position your light? want 12 o'clock mounting? FSB or folding BUIS?
    light at 12 o'clock, no FSB, folding BUIS.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    thanks for all the help. i appreciate it. i believe the 10 inch will accommodate my needs nicely.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast