Thread: Is the KAC URX Rail Return-to-Zero?

Feedback Score

Is the KAC URX Rail Return-to-Zero?

I'm looking at replacing the rail system on my LWRCi M6A3 and was wondering if the URX is RTZ.

I don't have an optic or BUIS on it, but I will be mounting a LaserMax laser sight on it and would wonder if it would be okay. I understand that it's monolithic, but would like to make sure that everything would function properly if I replaced that part.

BTW: For anybody wondering why I was replacing the rail, it's because the URX rail is slimmer from what I understand, and is a bit faster. I also think it's lighter. I could be wrong though.

Thanks for the help in advance.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You're pretty much married to the LWRC rail due to the piston under it.

I'm not sure how the URX would be "faster", but it uses a barrel nut and inner profile that I am about 99.9% sure can't be adapted to your gun anyway. Shame, as it is an awesome rail. I am also unsure about the "RTZ" question. The rail is locked on the barrel nut, it doesn't move. Yes, you can mount lasers or optics on it. If they lose zero, it usually won't be because of the rail, it will be because of the accessory or it's mount. Monolithic refers to the permanent union of an upper receiver and rail (Mega, LMT MRP, VLTOR VIS, Colt 6940).
    Last edited by M4Guru; 04-03-10 at 06:44.

Feedback Score
    PM inbound.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.