Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Obama/Health Care Threads here

Feedback Score

Obama Care, will it hurt the economy?

I think Obama care will crush our economy however I will gladly eat crow if it does not. I'm trying to get my friends and coworkers to save their receipts. Keep a power bill, grocery receipt and gas receipt. Note the cost of a unit of electricity and gas, a gallon of milk along with other basic items and gasoline. I'm putting it in my income tax folders so I can find them to compare against receipts a year or two from now. If I'm not paying considerably more for all those basic items I'll gladly eat crow.

Feedback Score
    I'll be 100% honest, I don't know what's even in the bill...

I understand too is an adverb and to is a preposition, I still prefer using to in place of too.

The way I see it I'll save maybe 5-10 minutes over my lifetime not typing that extra o at the end of to. Even typing up this explanation saves me more time than typing that extra o

Cheers,
    Mr. Smiles

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_smiles View Post
    I'll be 100% honest, I don't know what's even in the bill...
    Don't feel bad, last I heard even President Obama admitted he didn't know what was in it.

Someone sent me a link to an article on it that is supposed to be pretty good but I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

WSJ Article

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Why was Webster at the bill signing?

M_P

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    Here's my take from the insurance industry.

It's 2,500 pages long. The insurance company has to pay lawyers to interpret what is in there and how to comply with it, premiums rise.

Insurance companies will no longer be able to deny for preexisting conditions. Higher risk pool, premiums rise.. I can't wreck my car and buy insurance two weeks later and get it fixed.

More people will have Medicaid and Medicare. They reimburse providers at rates from well over 20 years ago. They have to make up the difference somehow. Insurances will be charged more. Premiums rise.

Supply and demand. Demand goes up, costs go up. Premiums go up.

We already outsource to India. They plan to outsource another 30% of the company, people will lose their jobs, alot of people will lose their jobs. Alot of lower income people will lose their jobs, alot of minorities will lose their jobs too being as how our company is, direct from the website, an equal opportunity/ affirmitive action employer, more often than not they have lower paying jobs. customer service, claims processing, claims adjustor etc. But it will the fault of the ceo, cfo trying to keep the company afloat not the progressives in charge.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    Taxes will go up. People get laid off.

Business will be forced to provide more insurance. People get laid off.

More people laid off, more people on governments teat. More people, more money needed.

Taxes go up some more. More people get laid off... so on and so forth.

It is the Democrat SOP.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Low Drag View Post
    I think Obama care will crush our economy however I will gladly eat crow if it does not. I'm trying to get my friends and coworkers to save their receipts. Keep a power bill, grocery receipt and gas receipt. Note the cost of a unit of electricity and gas, a gallon of milk along with other basic items and gasoline. I'm putting it in my income tax folders so I can find them to compare against receipts a year or two from now. If I'm not paying considerably more for all those basic items I'll gladly eat crow.
    you will probably pay in the form of suppressed wages if youre not laid off that is. Unemployment is only guaranteed to go up along with prescription drug and insurance premium prices. This bill did nothing to address cost, just gave the Executive Branch gigantic control of the healthcare sector. Not only htis we still have the commercial real estate market about to cave and more ARM mortgages going to reset in 2010 and 2011. Not to mention the Bush tax cuts expiring at the end of 2010. If Bush tax cuts expire, thats more unemployment.

Not only that the restrictions imposed on insurance companies will destroy their profitability. Cant deny for pre existing conditions? That alone will kill them. That destroys the entire concept of insurance. Like buying house insurance AFTER my house burns down and being able to claim it. Then they will claim "oh look the free market didnt work, come to the govt plan"

Of course Congress and the Democratic Leadership decide to explicitly exempt themselves, their staff, and anyone working for a member of Congress from the bill. That is the primary BS flag, if this was so good, why did they exempt themselves
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 03-24-10 at 08:29.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    Insurance companies will no longer be able to deny for preexisting conditions. Higher risk pool, premiums rise.. I can't wreck my car and buy insurance two weeks later and get it fixed.
    From talk radio yesterday they can still deny coverage, they just have to pay a fine. The fine is $100 per person denied.

WTF is $100 to the insurance company? Especially when medical bills can run into the hundreds of thousands.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://blogs.dailymail.com/donsurber/archives/7423

Quote Originally Posted by EzGoingKev View Post
    From talk radio yesterday they can still deny coverage, they just have to pay a fine. The fine is $100 per person denied.

WTF is $100 to the insurance company? Especially when medical bills can run into the hundreds of thousands.
    anyone have a link to this part? I want to use it for reference later edit: its $100/day but thats still a hell of a lot cheaper than treating you. And it will get blamed on the mean insurance companies and free market.
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 03-24-10 at 10:08.

Feedback Score

Rep. Dingel

http://tinyurl.com/yhwy4aq

See, just like gun control, this sham of a "healthcare" law isn't about caring for the sick, it's all about CONTROL.

This is the face of leftist fascism.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast