Thread: First builds

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

First builds

So decided to take the plunge into building my first AR. You guys on this site inspired me, so I am building 2 at the same time. They will be both going to my sons as they get a little older. Here is what I have.

YHM uppers and lowers
    DD BCG
    Armalite LPK 2 stage (might be changing Not sure)
    DD barells
    Magpul MOE trigger gaurds

My brother had the tools to put together so here they are. I went out yesterday and tested the uppers and the 1 lower that is complete and both functioned fine, now will have to put them through some sort to true test.

From bottom up
    Colt HBAR- got such a good deal on it a few years ago couldn't pass up.

Middle one is almost complete various parts from another colt rifle that help me get it this far

Top one still a work in progress, had to really torque this one down in the 80 ft lb range, don't know if that is going to be a real problem.

Both of the builds have anti-sieze on the barell nut threads. Consecutive serial numbers also, which will be cool to give my boys.

Both the builds will be built exaclty the same, that way they can't fight about it when they get older, not sure exaclty what kind of handguards I want to put on them yet. Was thinking about the Troy MRF 12 with the sight post cut on them. Tell me what you guys think.
    Last edited by sbui; 03-25-10 at 22:47. Reason: added another sentence

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Your off to a great start. A job well done