Thread: Federal 9mms (124gr.HST and 9BP)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Federal 9mms (124gr.HST and 9BP)

I work for the BOP, Federal Bureau of Prisons. Our current duty load is the Federal 9BP, before that the contract was for Winchester 115gr. SilverTips (yeah I know, cutting edge loads and all). Recently we got a small supply of HST 124gr. standard pressure (P9HST1).

What rep does this particular HST round have? I use 124gr.+P or 147gr. in Gold Dots or HST in my personal 9s.

Also, I know the 9BP is surpassed, obviously, by today's loads . But for what it is, is it still a decent round? It is an accurate, easy shooting round.
    Last edited by cathellsk; 03-26-10 at 23:45.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Can't speak for the Federal HST just yet because the Philadelphia PD just started to carry the 147gr version on duty within the last month or so, but before the HST we carried the Federal Classic BP9 and the Remington Express 9mm1 loadings depending who was the low contract bidder that year. Even know that the Federal BP9 and Remington 9mm1 loadings are light years behind the HST performance & technology wise the department had a good showing in numerous engagements with them and I don't recall a single OIS event inside my department were the Federal or Remington load was criticized. Two of my OIS's used the Federal BP9 and they accomplished the mission they needed to do. DocGKR has some test results for the Federal BP9 but the search function is a bit temperamental and I was unable to locate them.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 03-27-10 at 09:52.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Phila,

Thanks for the reply, I've read in the past what you've said about this load with your dept. I also came up with nada using the search and when you do usually hear something about this round its the 9BPLE (the +P+) version.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    The 124 gr HST is a better load than the 115 gr 9BP.