Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights SR-25 EMC: SR-25 Build

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebsley View Post
    Yup. I did that with mine and found that I don't choke the crap out of myself when transitioning. Give it a try and see what you think. Not as easy as a single point and you might have to have a slight slack in the sling but it works.
    This is exactly how I have all my QD slings mounted. Works very well. At worst, to transition you slack out the sling using the quick adjust (all mine are VTAC with the metal slider) and pop the rifle to your other shoulder.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    This is exactly how I have all my QD slings mounted. Works very well. At worst, to transition you slack out the sling using the quick adjust (all mine are VTAC with the metal slider) and pop the rifle to your other shoulder.
    Yep me too.

The nice thing about that is you can also use a front rail QD to actually sling weapon behind you if you have to climb something/ search someone etc. VS just having a single point and letting it hang.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Titleist, nice review and rifle.

Slightly off topic, but what belt are you using and how do you like the Raven holster?

Thanks,

Wally
    ICE V3 Adjustable Belt, and I love the shit out of that holster.

I'll give the sling a bit of practice tonight. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Titleist; 03-29-10 at 15:39.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    Great write up. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Again, very nice write up. Thanks for taking the time! Very jealous of that rifle - I wish I could afford one to match my SR15 as well.

Any issues with the MagPul mags? I heard a few rumors they weren't working as well as their 5.56 siblings...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Titleist View Post
    I've stock primarily to 150gr soft point since it's still quality ammo but on the cheaper cost side. The only thing that won't work reliably is west german surplus, I've had mixed results with the SA battle pack stuff.

The gun isn't a FAL, so it does get a little picky if you're not careful.
    Does West German surplus = DAG? If so, can you characterize the problems your EMC had with these rounds?

So far, my EMC has shot well with DAG...
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Beautiful SR25. It's like a work of art. Thanks for the excellent write up. I'm expecting a follow-up report once you get more rounds through the tube.

So have the front part of the sling hooked on the left, back part on the right of the ACS?
    Yup, that configuration works well for me. I run a CTR and not an ACS, but similar concept. This setup allows you to transition w/o choking yourself at the neck, and it keeps the rear of weapon close to your body when slung.

Last edited by Kilo 1-1; 03-30-10 at 21:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks really good. I like your setup..

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Does West German surplus = DAG? If so, can you characterize the problems your EMC had with these rounds?

So far, my EMC has shot well with DAG...
    The DAG was real inconsistant in my rifle, the FPS was all over the place.

I've run so far:
    -147gr SA Surplus
    -147gr WG Surplus
    -150gr Remington FMJ
    -150gr Remington Soft Point
    -168gr Fed Gold Medal match
    -180gr Fed FMJ

I'm working through some issues on the rifle where I'm having some rounds getting stuck in the feed ramps (it'd be nice if the EMC's were the full M4 feedramps, and not the standard). At this point I'm trying to isolate if it's the ammo or if its the magazines (LR-20s) that are causing the issue. I'll report back when I get it out to the range again.

I still love the rifle, but I need to get it feeding better, and a muzzle brake on their, pronto. Too bad the only viable brake is the super tap. I wish Surefire offered their brakes in the 3/4-24 UNS thread.
    "There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."

Feedback Score
    The DAG was real inconsistant in my rifle, the FPS was all over the place.

I've run so far:
    -147gr SA Surplus
    -147gr WG Surplus
    -150gr Remington FMJ
    -150gr Remington Soft Point
    -168gr Fed Gold Medal match
    -180gr Fed FMJ

I'm working through some issues on the rifle where I'm having some rounds getting stuck in the feed ramps (it'd be nice if the EMC's were the full M4 feedramps, and not the standard). At this point I'm trying to isolate if it's the ammo or if its the magazines (LR-20s) that are causing the issue. I'll report back when I get it out to the range again.

I still love the rifle, but I need to get it feeding better, and a muzzle brake on their, pronto. Too bad the only viable brake is the super tap. I wish Surefire offered their brakes in the 3/4-24 UNS thread.
    Too bad all around KAC went with 3/4-24UNS - all the other 7.62 AR platforms would benefit from the Super Tap (if you could afford it!).

I'll be interested to hear what is causing the feeding issues. Mags or ammo - hopefully ammo since the MagPul mags are cheap and available...

Spooky

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast