Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: warning! too much personal info on this site

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    Interesting. Most of the info was bogus including address and home owner status (I have not lived at that address for 3 years for example). The wife was listed twice, once as a 60 year old male and once as a 60 year old female. She is female of course but not near 60.

AM in the process of requesting removal now.
    Mine had many errors as well, not to mention it valued my home at 800k-1mill. I wish that one was true!

Feedback Score
    I'll take a different view: So far, the listings are inaccurate, and the data tainted with misinformation.

Why mess with it at all? If someone had some reason to sort through multiple sites with the same misinformation trying to "do something," it will get pretty frustrating.

It's like my credit rating- the numbers don't reflect the fact I own my house, cars, etc. Nothing but utility and insurance payments. In one regard, it's actually accurate - I don't use credit, so the number reflects a lack of it. On the other hand, insurance companies and potential employers might take that number as some expression of financial instability - and infringe my rights.

There are bigger things to worry about out there.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tirod View Post
    I'll take a different view: So far, the listings are inaccurate, and the data tainted with misinformation.

Why mess with it at all? If someone had some reason to sort through multiple sites with the same misinformation trying to "do something," it will get pretty frustrating.

It's like my credit rating- the numbers don't reflect the fact I own my house, cars, etc. Nothing but utility and insurance payments. In one regard, it's actually accurate - I don't use credit, so the number reflects a lack of it. On the other hand, insurance companies and potential employers might take that number as some expression of financial instability - and infringe my rights.

There are bigger things to worry about out there.
    what u say is true but for me personally, i am the paranoid type. law enforcement puts me in contact ith some very unsavory characters and i wouldnt put it past any of them that, if given the opportunity, would attempt to kill me or hurt my family. i know im not that important enough for someone to pay a bunch of money to have me killed, im just a patrol officer, but there are some people out there, that live all around us that are completely out of their minds and would like nothing better than to kill the man that put them in jail. see why i concerned myself with it now? why wouldnt i make it very difficult for one of these types to find where i live. for the love of god, a picture of my house was on the damned site. u dont think thats a bit too much?

Feedback Score
    Looks like a simple aggregator, trying to get you to pony up $20 for what amounts to a google search on some one's name.

I understand too is an adverb and to is a preposition, I still prefer using to in place of too.

The way I see it I'll save maybe 5-10 minutes over my lifetime not typing that extra o at the end of to. Even typing up this explanation saves me more time than typing that extra o

Cheers,
    Mr. Smiles

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_smiles View Post
    Looks like a simple aggregator, trying to get you to pony up $20 for what amounts to a google search on some one's name.
    I think it is more than a simple aggregator. It is an aggregator but is more than just a Google search on a person's name. A lot of the stuff they claim you can look at if you pay did not come from Google.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Part of me wonders if they use the removal process as a way to validate information... color me suspicious.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    I think it is more than a simple aggregator. It is an aggregator but is more than just a Google search on a person's name. A lot of the stuff they claim you can look at if you pay did not come from Google.
    "Available Results May Include" being the big catch. I can find CC#'S with socials (Mostly in China sold on forums) on google , has pretty much every page on the internet indexed. You look up me I'm not on the internet :P. If you find something about me it's going to be misinformation posted on purpose

I consult for a company that has information that would make people never go online again, and it's not connected to the government. They have over 200,000,000 fully detailed bios, even some have ex's listed along with their favorite sports teams.

People post their medical conditions in forums, their sexuality age, state, and martial status on social media sites, tell people if their having an affair on sites like adultfriendfinder, their actual home addresses on their whois for their blog domain and just about every little bit of information in a public space.

Google reads your Gmail

So I wouldn't worry about Spokeo, their one of the smaller services any how. I'd be more worried about the major 3, yahoo, msft, and google.
    Last edited by mr_smiles; 03-30-10 at 08:16.

I understand too is an adverb and to is a preposition, I still prefer using to in place of too.

The way I see it I'll save maybe 5-10 minutes over my lifetime not typing that extra o at the end of to. Even typing up this explanation saves me more time than typing that extra o

Cheers,
    Mr. Smiles

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Part of me wonders if they use the removal process as a way to validate information... color me suspicious.
    i had thought of that as well. what sux is that it is so easy to compile intelligence on anyone and their family now-adays. what else i found is that they already had my email address somehow. so im sure they will probably have a bunch of others as well. i just wanted to warn the other paranoid people that are similar to me. if possible i would like to keep this thread alive for a while so that other people can add the web addresses of other sites like it. there is a gang unit officer that works for my department that had some gang-bangers call him on his cell phone, threatening to kill him. i know that those turds used sites like this and other connections that they have to find him. i can personally say that these sites are dangerous if they are used in the wrong hands. just throwin that out there for what its worth. oh, and a side note, for people trying to remove more than 2 listings from spokeo, make a seperate email address and u can remove more than 2. i had to make another address to get all of my family off of that site. good luck everyone.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    double tap
    Last edited by QuietShootr; 03-30-10 at 08:28.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rrpederson View Post
    what u say is true but for me personally, i am the paranoid type. law enforcement puts me in contact ith some very unsavory characters and i wouldnt put it past any of them that, if given the opportunity, would attempt to kill me or hurt my family. i know im not that important enough for someone to pay a bunch of money to have me killed, im just a patrol officer, but there are some people out there, that live all around us that are completely out of their minds and would like nothing better than to kill the man that put them in jail. see why i concerned myself with it now? why wouldnt i make it very difficult for one of these types to find where i live. for the love of god, a picture of my house was on the damned site. u dont think thats a bit too much?
    Do you know you can have your house taken off Google Street View if you're in a sensitive position? Write and tell them, and they'll black out about half a block around you.

ETA. Holy shit. I have got some work to do.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast