Thread: H&K polymer (transparent) magazines

Feedback Score

H&K polymer (transparent) magazines

I have searched the forum and read some of the 2013/14 posts about the H&K magazines. However, I was wondering if the forum still thought these were good magazines. I saw a post about cracks near the feed lips. Anyone seen it or heard of other issues. HKwebshop has them for 13.96 plus shipping right now and I thought about grabbing a few.

James

Feedback Score
    I have a few and they are OK. I load them at home and take them to the range. The only thing I don't like that they are too large to use the StripLULA. I'm forced to load by hand or I use the LULA loader instead.

http://www.maglula.com/product-categ.../5-56-223-cal/

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have used them for several years with no issue. They will not work well with stripper clips as the spoon does not fit well on the mag.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    No issues with them at all... I almost use them exclusively on my AR's.

Feedback Score
    They are ok, no reliability problems with my 3

I hardly ever use them though, because they dont accept stripper clips, they are also pretty wide.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I only have a sample of two, but both have been 100% relaible thus far. I don't use them all that much though because as mentioned before they are wider than USGI and PMAGs. They still fit in my mag punches but require more thought/effort to stuff in.
    In my ARs they drop free, lock in place fully loaded(30rds) on a closed bolt. In the maybe 200 rounds I have used them for, they don't have any cracks--though this is a very low round/use count.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I only have a sample of two, but both have been 100% relaible thus far. I don't use them all that much though because as mentioned before they are wider than USGI and PMAGs. They still fit in my mag punches but require more thought/effort to stuff in.
    In my ARs they drop free, lock in place fully loaded(30rds) on a closed bolt. In the maybe 200 rounds I have used them for, they don't have any cracks--though this is a very low round/use count.
    I had 4. I generally leave mags loaded as a matter of course. 2x of my 4x have cracked down the spine from being left loaded.

Now, since most folks dig these because they're clear I should point out that all of my ETS and Lancer clear mags have been treated the same and have had 0 issues to date.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the replies! Much appreciated!