Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pet shop owner fined £1,000 and told to wear an electronic tag for selling a goldfish

Feedback Score

Pet shop owner fined £1,000 and told to wear an electronic tag for selling a goldfish

Last edited by ZDL; 05-01-10 at 02:21.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The goldfish was later adopted by an animal welfare officer and is in good health.
    Oh, praise Jesus!!!

It seems the welfare of goldfishes is more important to the English State than the welfare of home-invasion victims.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    Don't laugh. We're on the very same road.......
    SSG Jimmy Ide- KIA 28 Aug 10, Hyderabad, AFG

1SG Blue Rowe- KIA 26 May 09, Panjshir, AFG.

RIP Brothers

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    Don't laugh. We're on the very same road.......
    In some ways, but as far as self-defense...more states enacting/clarifying castle doctrines, liberalizing CCW...most states are enhancing the rights of self-defense, not limiting them.

Feedback Score
    Looking like very shortly, pets in Minnesota will enjoy legal protection from domestic abuse.
    Just like in 14 other states.
    Don't Fear The Night.
    Fear What Hunts At Night.
    US ARMY INFANTRY
    HOOAH!

Feedback Score
    I use to buy goldfish. They didn't get along well with the piranhas.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    If you (kind of) want to see what the US will be like in 20 years, look at the UK today.

There are some differences. The "Council" form of government has a lot more power it seems from all the stories I read but this sort of thing will start to happen here as well...
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Abso****inlutely ridiculous!!!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    does anyone have a first-, or even second-hand scoop on the feel in the UK? are these people just OK with the direction their government has headed in recent years? or are they on the cusp of revolution? i always read these stories, but i never hear opinions from the masses. is the state-controlled media just so well controlled that the people buy everything fed them?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Don't put burglars in jail unless they hurt someone.

I read all sorts of crazy shit going on in the UK. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...urts-told.html
    Burglars should not be jailed unless they cause damage or hurt someone when committing their crime, Government advisers said yesterday.
    The Sentencing Advisory Panel called for judges and magistrates not to hand down prison sentences to ordinary burglars who were responsible for 'minimal loss or damage'.
    But even criminals who operate in gangs or steal large sums of money may walk free under the guidelines, which suggest 'community' punishment for many offenders.
    The recommendations contradict last year's ruling by Lord Chief Justice Lord Judge, which stated that jail should be the 'normally appropriate' punishment for convicted burglars.
    Instead, the Sentencing Advisory Panel said yesterday that 'any starting point for domestic burglary should be non-custodial'.

Damage, harm to householders or other factors making the crime more serious should make a jail sentence more likely, it suggested.
    But its report acknowledged that some experts had expressed 'grave concern' over the advice.
    The recommendations to let burglars walk free come as, for the first time in several years, burglaries are increasing.
    Police recorded more than 284,000 burglaries last year, a one per cent increase on the previous year, and the Panel report said the crime was 'still sufficiently common to affect many individuals and households'.
    The Panel has for the past decade existed to advise judges on sentencing. However, it will be abolished in April and replaced by a new Sentencing Council.

Its report is nevertheless likely to be considered by its successor.
    Criminologist Dr David Green, from think tank Civitas, said: ' Burglary is a shocking invasion of privacy. While a burglar may not attack anybody, many are prepared to do so if detected.
    'Police have recorded rising numbers of burglaries in the latest figures. The recommendation that burglars should not be jailed sends completely the wrong message.'
    The guidance from the Sentencing Advisory Panel, which is headed by academic lawyer Professor Andrew Ashworth QC, appears the first challenge from within the judicial establishment to the tougher approach introduced by Lord Judge.
    Since becoming leader of the judiciary in England and Wales in 2008, he has reversed the liberalising moves of his predecessors by ordering longer sentences for armed criminals and murderers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast