Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who makes a good stripped upper receiver?

Feedback Score

Who makes a good stripped upper receiver?

I'm looking to put together an upper in the near future and would like everybody's opinion as to who makes a good quality upper receiver. I've been told "they're all the same" and just don't buy it. I'd preferably like an upper without a company's logo on the sides of it and with milled T marking if possible. It will be used with a Noveske 10.5" barrel and will be going on a Noveske lower.

Thanks guys.
    Welder @ AAC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TigWiz View Post
    I'm looking to put together an upper in the near future and would like everybody's opinion as to who makes a good quality upper receiver. I've been told "they're all the same" and just don't buy it. I'd preferably like an upper without a company's logo on the sides of it and with milled T marking if possible. It will be used with a Noveske 10.5" barrel and will be going on a Noveske lower.

Thanks guys.
    BCM

The uppers with machined t-markings are out of stock right now.
    Last edited by mechelaar; 03-31-10 at 19:47.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Another vote for BCM.
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    And a third for BCM.

Feedback Score
    I'm fixing to purchase a Daniel Defense upper receiver in the near future. Why would I do that, seeing as how the DD uppers seem to be more expensive than most other forged uppers? Honestly, I think it's because I may have accidentally drank the koolaid. Or maybe because I have a DD carrier, I feel I need to matchsomethings on my upper, since I cancelled my backorder for a DD gas block. But I do like the matte finish on the DD upper receiver as I have seen it depicted in several pictures.

Meh... I may also decide to save myself $15 and get a Ranier upper receiver.
    Last edited by hikeeba; 04-01-10 at 08:50.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A fourth vote for BCM. And as for the DD upper, I too drank the kool-aid. I bought one last year to go with my DD barrel I bought from Bravocompany when they were on sale. I now wish I had saved the $ and just used it for more practical stuff for the gun. The BCM uppers I have look better I think. But the DD has DD stamped on it, and at the time I just HAD to have it

Feedback Score
    DD, BCM, or Spikes Tactical are all good options.

Does Spike's still do stripped uppers?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Spikes does. I just bought one yesterday.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score

Uppers

Most of the uppers out there are certainly "functional" - ie in spec and just as capable as any other.

Assuming we're talking about forged uppers, there's only a handful of places that even make the forgings so most of the difference comes from the finishing work that again only a handful of places really do.

Feedback Score
    Ptew! I spit the koolaid out - sort of. As much as I'd like the DD upper, they have been out of stock everywhere that sells them below MSRP. Tired of waiting + window of opportunity for spending = stripped YHM upper. Good news, it was $85. Bad news, I'm still somewhat of a koolaid drinker, as I am still playing the matching game: YHM upper receiver, with YHM handguard and gas block.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast