Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who makes a good stripped upper receiver?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    DD / LMT / BCM / Mega.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Another for BCM. Just got the M4 upper with laser-T engravings and it fit like a glove on my DS Arms lower. Coating matched perfectly. BCM has a customer for life. Oh yeah, got a IONBOND BCG from them as well and its awesome.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    I have liked DD and Larue for stripped uppers. Not sure if Larue still sells them as they now restrict sales of their lowers.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i started using BCM when Mega decided M4 feedramps were "unnecessary." they've since reconsidered, i hear, but i still use BCM for ease of ordering- i generally order up a delta assembly/BCG/etc along with it.

Feedback Score
    Spikes makes a good one at a good price. White Oak are priced well also. I think the easier question is, which ones NOT to get

SI Defense is on that list. Good customer service, but poor QC. I could give more info if someone wanted to know.

Don't know where else to get a WO upper...
    http://www.adcofirearms.com/acc/Prod...er%20Receivers

Spikes doesn't list stripped on their site.
    Last edited by JonnyVain; 04-07-10 at 15:57.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyVain View Post
    Spikes makes a good one at a good price. White Oak are priced well also. I think the easier question is, which ones NOT to get

SI Defense is on that list. Good customer service, but poor QC. I could give more info if someone wanted to know.
    you can't rip on a quality manufacturer and NOT post evidence... so please do tell.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Upper...p%20upper1.htm

in case somebody hasn't looked... this is as cheap and good as you're going to find. under $90 complete.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    you can't rip on a quality manufacturer and NOT post evidence... so please do tell.
    There were multiple, meaning lots, of people who had uppers from them that were out of spec. They tried to make good and sent billet uppers for a replacement. Some people reported the billet uppers were out of spec also.

The issue ended up being the charging handle (just ONE) they use for testing was skinnier than others. BCG and CH would get stuck in the upper.

The entire upper was out of alignment also. They are changing this, but programming is done by Sonju corporate, not the firearms division, so I don't know when that will get done.

My belief is that they try to make everything VERY tight. Since they test their products on limited parts, they don't fit other manufacturer's parts.

Not a bad company, and I would actually feel comfortable buying an entire rifle from them, but I'll hold off purchasing from them for a year or two until they get some of their bugs and QC issues worked out.

Of course, I bought my upper from them for $50. I'd do that again right now if I was in the market, but they are currently priced at market standard and I'm not in the market.

Verdict: good people there, good customer service. Product is good save for the QC issues, which they're working on.

Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Upper...p%20upper1.htm

in case somebody hasn't looked... this is as cheap and good as you're going to find. under $90 complete.
    If I were OP I'd buy that right now before they sell out.
    Last edited by JonnyVain; 04-07-10 at 16:07.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for all the replies guys, you've been a great help.
    Welder @ AAC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Aero Precision

I purchased the following when they were $50
    https://surplusammo.com/index.php?ma...25514f4f307a07

The first Stag CH would not go in. I used a different Stag CH and it worked??? I have since put a BCM GF CH in it and it is good to go as well.

I will buy the BCM complete upper from now on unless I end up with extra upper parts and want to do a budget build.

Here it is along with an AP lower I got from the same vendor:

What the hell!

Last edited by Kiznelly; 04-08-10 at 00:49.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast