Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best California Legal AR-15 or M4

Feedback Score
    Everybody knows my recommendation by now.

LWRCi, or KAC.

If you're trying to save money, Daniel Defence.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Everybody knows my recommendation by now.

LWRCi, or KAC.

If you're trying to save money, Daniel Defence.
    I live in CA so I ended up with a Daniel Defense DDM4 as my first AR15 from Riflegear. As soon as I bought it they installed the bullet button. They also give you a 10/30 round magazine.

Ammo Sphere - what is your budget? Where in CA do you live? What are you going to do with the AR15 just target shooting or going to take some tactical courses? Do you want a rail up front so you can add a lot of modifications?

Feedback Score
    DDM4.

Damn good choice.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score

DD M4

There is no better gun for the money than a Daniel Defense. Peach State Guns is a California friendly place, they will install bullet button prior to shipping.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Honestly, if I didn't already own one that I bought for use on duty I would not even bother. Just buy an M1A Socom 16 and call it a day. While not quite as ergonimically sound as an M4/AR pattern rifle it's still a good battle rifle. I love my AR and thank god that I had the good fortune to have a cheif who saw fit to issue letters for officers who wanted to buy one (unlike the agency I work for now).

That being said, the bullet button is an abortion, and makes the rifle not battle or duty worthy. The main reason being if you have a malfunction (like a double feed), there is no way you are clearing it in anything approaching a reasonable amount of time. If you want one for plinking, target shooting or varmint shooting then have at it, but not for serious purposes.

Feedback Score
    I'm no fan of the bullet button, but that is why they make the Radlock. If it is for home protection, turn the screw a couple of turns and no bullet button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cylindros View Post
    Honestly, if I didn't already own one that I bought for use on duty I would not even bother. Just buy an M1A Socom 16 and call it a day. While not quite as ergonimically sound as an M4/AR pattern rifle it's still a good battle rifle. I love my AR and thank god that I had the good fortune to have a cheif who saw fit to issue letters for officers who wanted to buy one (unlike the agency I work for now).

That being said, the bullet button is an abortion, and makes the rifle not battle or duty worthy. The main reason being if you have a malfunction (like a double feed), there is no way you are clearing it in anything approaching a reasonable amount of time. If you want one for plinking, target shooting or varmint shooting then have at it, but not for serious purposes.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    I'm no fan of the bullet button, but that is why they make the Radlock. If it is for home protection, turn the screw a couple of turns and no bullet button.

The only problem with that is, once you do it you are now a felon. I don't agree with the law AT ALL, but I would not cirumvent it either. Thank god I have a legit one that is not neutered. If I ever wear it out, I will just re-build it until I can retire, move out of state and buy another.

Feedback Score
    Felon or victim? I choose felon.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
    Felon or victim? I choose felon.

That is a very SOLID point you have and I agree with you. My only problem is that many other legal guns can be used without becoming a victim of the rediculous CA gun laws. For me, part of no being a victim, is also being there to take care of my family after the fight. Can't very well do that from jail, not to mention the fact that you will never be legally able to own a firearm after that.

Let me stress, that even though I am a CA cop, I in no way agree with most of CA gun control laws. That being said, I would not try to find a way around them at the expense of my freedom after the fight.

Feedback Score
    I have never had a problem using the BB. I have taken several Carbine classes and it is a little more difficult. but it works. I was merely responding to the reply about having a jam or misfeed during the fight. I appreciate your candor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast