Page 238 of 398 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 3977

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    So I finally worked up the courage to paint my SBR- Magpul lower w/ B5 SOPMOD stock, Vltor MUR upper w/ 10.5" barrel and DD RISII rail, T-1

Actually I didn't...
    BUT I decided to do a trial run on my airsoft SBR and see how it came out.

Pattern- green/tan Tigerstripe (because TS is awesome and there's not enough of it in this world! )
    Items used- OD and Tan/Khaki Rustoleum Camo spray paint, TS pattern
    Took the thing all apart, sanded down finish w/ some light sandpaper, cut out TS pattern from a picture I found online w/ razor, wrapped around parts and held in palce w/ doublesided tape- I should have taken a picture- it was a work of taped-up art.

Finished product:

"Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Headcase650 View Post
    After seeing so many good looking rifles in the picture thread and being inspired by the paint jobs I decided to do it. Didn't have the guts to do the upper and lower on my first attempt but its more for bling and to make it uniquely mine than anything. Rustolium Camo Black, satin aluminum, oiled bronze, Krylon satin white and flat clear. A laundry bag net and a sponge. Was going for an Urban Snakeskin.

Not to bad for a first timer.
    Dude, you gotta do the rest of that thing. Looks great.
    "It runs contrary to popular wisdom, but the truth is that the less we look out for ourselves, the more extraordinary the results." -- Chuck Petrie.

Proud owner of a very special BCM rifle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    So I finally worked up the courage to paint my SBR- Magpul lower w/ B5 SOPMOD stock, Vltor MUR upper w/ 10.5" barrel and DD RISII rail, T-1

Actually I didn't...
    BUT I decided to do a trial run on my airsoft SBR and see how it came out.

Pattern- green/tan Tigerstripe (because TS is awesome and there's not enough of it in this world! )
    Items used- OD and Tan/Khaki Rustoleum Camo spray paint, TS pattern
    Took the thing all apart, sanded down finish w/ some light sandpaper, cut out TS pattern from a picture I found online w/ razor, wrapped around parts and held in palce w/ doublesided tape- I should have taken a picture- it was a work of taped-up art.

Finished product:

That thing looks great! I can see all the time you put into it with the prep and the custom TS paint mask. Good job keeping the overspray to a minimum while applying paint from a rattle can vs an airbrush.
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

IMG_20140217_194110 by tb5252, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    Its been a 11 days, paint is dry but feels tacky. Any suggestion, I used Rustolium and Krylon fusion.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    What's the climate and temp like in your area?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Its been a 11 days, paint is dry but feels tacky. Any suggestion, I used Rustolium and Krylon fusion.
    The problem is that Rustoleum is an enamel base paint, Krylon Fusion is a lacquer base. They are not compatable.
    Last edited by hk_shootr; 03-19-14 at 09:48.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Wow, three days has always been long enough with Aervoe.

Pic thread:
    "A 'sporting purpose' is what we use to describe actions taken with a football." -S.W.A.T. Magazine

"...if you are cruising the ghetto looking for crack and tranny hookers and you shoot their transgender pimp for staring at you the wrong way, then yeah, you might have a problem." -Iraqgunz

Feedback Score
    18 (85%)
    you just have to wait it out!

@headcase, that is a very nice URBAN pattern! details please and PAINT THE WHOLE RIFLE MAN!
    Last edited by cgjane; 03-19-14 at 10:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    kdcgrohl, I like, what colors did you use? Paint the A2 grip & Carbine stock and post photos of whole M4 painted.

Page 238 of 398 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338 ... LastLast