Page 243 of 398 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast
Results 2,421 to 2,430 of 3975

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Some of the paint jobs in this thread are quite impressive! Some real talent out there. There are quite a few things on my resume but "Painter" isn't one of them. Still, I got the itch and thought I'd give it a go.

One of the most elusive predators is the wolf. You don't see one unless they want you to. The patterning of their fur caught my interest. If it works for a wolf in the wild, it ought to work for this old wolf as well. Using three different shades of brown, I painted my rifle like wolf, dark on top, light on the bottom and roundish shapes to mask the body lines

Seen from the top, the colors are dark

and are light along the bottom

It was a fun project. I'm not a skilled painter, but the camo has a unique look and I'm satisfied with the results
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by stang1 View Post
    Did em all, & forgot to post this one
    Cool paint job......who done this for you?
    I have a MK 12 that needs a paint job?
    Thanks
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wabashman View Post
    How did you get the scale look? I tried using some fishnet leggings on my last build but couldn't get them to lay right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    Since he didn't answer yet and I have had the same results I will tell you how I do it. You can use a "washer machine bag" like this:

Or a sports jersey thats "ventilated":

Or "tool box padding":

Just depends on the size of the holes you want. Plus each material "lays" a little different depending on temperature (flexibility)...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall_Ninja View Post
    Since he didn't answer yet and I have had the same results I will tell you how I do it. You can use a "washer machine bag" like this:

Or a sports jersey thats "ventilated":

Or "tool box padding":

Just depends on the size of the holes you want. Plus each material "lays" a little different depending on temperature (flexibility)...
    Thank you

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chonathin View Post
    Thanks! Aervoe Urban Tan and Coyote, Rustoleum Army Green and Earth Brown, and Krylon OD Green.
    How long is it taking to cure. I mixed Rustolium and Krylon and it took forever to cure? When I asked about it I was told they are two different kind of paints and that was the problem. I even slow baked it for hours at 160 degrees. Its been well over month, its dry but still feels tacky to my hands.

Feedback Score
    MistWolf, I'm digging your paint job man. Seems like you understand the practical concept. In your pictures, some areas are hard to focus the eye on even when the rifle is the only thing in the frame.

From a distance, it will be difficult to discern what you do or don't have. So you have a real success on your hands!
    Team Medic, Task Force Zangaro
    "The Cat's Originals"

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    MistWolf,

Looks good man!

Untitled by jacksman7, on Flickr

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the compliments guys. I also painted the M&P-10 the same way and am contemplating painting the precision AR as well
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Progress.............
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Headcase650 View Post
    How long is it taking to cure. I mixed Rustolium and Krylon and it took forever to cure? When I asked about it I was told they are two different kind of paints and that was the problem. I even slow baked it for hours at 160 degrees. Its been well over month, its dry but still feels tacky to my hands.
    I finished the paint job 2 days ago and topped it with a Rustolium matte clear coat. Its completely dry now, just a hint of chemical smell left. Thats strange about the paint. I've mixed them many times and never had a problem.

Page 243 of 398 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253293343 ... LastLast