Page 284 of 398 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 3977

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)

Mine: DD MK12, painted with Duracoat, in "Daniel Defense FDE"

DD MK12, painted with Duracoat, in "Daniel Defense FDE" - I actually think it's kind of ugly. Was going for a "patriot brown", but didn't turn out that way; as it is, it's more of a "mud-puddle brown". Might have it sand-blasted then repaint it.

FullSizeRender.jpg
    (thumbnail, click for full-size. Taken with iPhone 5, sorry for shit quality).
    Last edited by XD40Colorado; 09-10-15 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    "Mud-puddle brown" looks like it would blend in real nice out in the woods here in Indiana. Any woods out there or is it all desert?
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    Mixture of both. It's high-desert at my altitude ~5300 feet, first photo taken about a mile from my house. Mixture of sage, scrub oak, sand, gravel, granite boulders, yucca, and the occasional pine.
    Up higher, on the Sandia Mountains, at about ~7500-10000 feet, it;s more "alpine forest" with aspen, pine, oak, more like the second photo. The second photo is from the peak of the mountains you see in background from photo 1

fthils.jpg
    Foothills/High Desert

mtns.jpg
    Alpine/Mountain Forest
    Last edited by XD40Colorado; 09-11-15 at 13:23.

Feedback Score
    6 (88%)
    It has become a camo pattern:
    image.jpg

Feedback Score
    Here are my three SBRs with custom paintjobs. (From left to right) Used mostly Alumahyde 2 on "Firefly" and "Mandalore" but "Fox" got the Aervoe treatment.

2015-09-19 20.42.48.jpg

"There is a wisdom that is woe; but there is a woe that is madness."

"Thus, I give up the spear."

Feedback Score
    New poster here...long time "observer". I'm posting my Daniel Defense M4V11 with factory cerakote, and a PSA that was my first AR. I painted the PSA today,inspired by this rifle that I found in this thread (photo credit to 28-13 photos)
    IMG_5800.jpg
    I'm very happy with the how my "beater" rifle turned out...if the paint holds up, the DD will likely follow suit. Also shown compared to Sig factory "Scorpion" Cerakote.
    IMG_5816.jpgIMG_5814.jpgIMG_5811.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JH4DC231; 09-20-15 at 21:51.

Feedback Score
    Been thinking about painting my SR25/M1110 clone to match the tan color that those came in. Debating between duracoat or cerakote. Is it possible to do cerakote without a heating oven? Cerakote seems more of a perm finish, and I am not 100% sure if that's what I want or not yet.

Feedback Score
    You have to ask yourself..."Do I want my AR looking brand new every time I take it out?" or "Do I want my AR to look like it's actually used? Scratches and little missing pieces of paint are a no issue..."

Personally I'm the latter. If you gotta repaint it, then repaint it. That being said, cost it what it comes down to. I use Alumahyde 2 and Aervoe when it comes to painting my guns. I cook my guns using my oven at 180-190 degrees and never had an issue. I actually have vids on youtube on how I use both those products. A buddy of mine uses the same technique that I do and he has beautiful results.

Aervoe is the most cost efficient of all choices and they have an amazing line up colors. Better than all of the competition IMHO. It's an enamel based paint so it's tough enough for range work and your tacticool classes. Most of us will not be getting splashed by sea water and running ops behind enemy lines in sand storms so let's keep it simple and realistic.

Feedback Score
    121 (100%)
    Can I get away with using a good heat gun instead of an oven, wife will make me replace the oven if I put a rifle in the oven
    "Fear The Man With Only One Rifle"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brazier View Post
    Can I get away with using a good heat gun instead of an oven, wife will make me replace the oven if I put a rifle in the oven
    HAHAHA!

Yeah you can use the heat gun method to do your flash dry, BUT, nothing beats a Maytag or Whirlpool or Frigidaire or whatever you got.

Use the oven after she goes to sleep. She'll never know. LOL!!!!

Page 284 of 398 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast