Page 287 of 398 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast
Results 2,861 to 2,870 of 3977

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Love Aervoe.

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score

Base coat was aervoe field drab & light green. Contrast added with aervoe sand & USMC green (looks black), and also some krylon camo khaki (which is more gray, less yellow than aervoe sand). Mag is lightly faded khaki...

There is also some aervoe coyote, light coyote, earth red, and olive drab here and there. These colors were used more sparingly to help fade, add depth & variation.

Not sure how well this will hold up on the sb15 or it's strap, but so far so good. Easy to touch up if it does chip. My cat seems to dig it. :-)

Last edited by Frank_Castle; 10-20-15 at 14:53. Reason: Add detail

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just rustolium

Two ARs by David Pyzik, on Flickr

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Love Aervoe.

splendid
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    New KMR-A, not that you can tell by the photos. Love how Aervoe changes based on lighting.

Last edited by jdavis6576; 10-22-15 at 10:07. Reason: Photobucket sucks!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank_Castle View Post

Base coat was aervoe field drab & light green. Contrast added with aervoe sand & USMC green (looks black), and also some krylon camo khaki (which is more gray, less yellow than aervoe sand). Mag is lightly faded khaki...

There is also some aervoe coyote, light coyote, earth red, and olive drab here and there. These colors were used more sparingly to help fade, add depth & variation.

Not sure how well this will hold up on the sb15 or it's strap, but so far so good. Easy to touch up if it does chip. My cat seems to dig it. :-)

Looks Great!

What kind of stencils did you use?

Feedback Score
    Thanks! No real stencils, except the punisher logo from eBay.

Used scraps of cardboard and heavy paper that I cut slits and holes into... Most of them about the size of a nickel or so. Punched a hole with my pocket knife, twisted a little to spread it, and left the edges rough.

Using these "stencils" (if you want to call them that) I sprayed through, moving the stencil as I went to make stripe-ish patterns. It was all pretty free hand really.

Longer, thin slit cuts (2-3") were used for larger lines and splattering areas... Kind of hold the stencil at an angle so the spray hits the stencil and oversprays on to the gun.

Some spots went on a little heavy and dripped or splattered. Simply blew on thick spots to spread and flatten it out. Looks cool up close. Lots of layers on layers!

Also added some very light splatter of dark green and tan throughout. Misted very lightly from a distance. Works well to soften edges and blur colors a bit. Hard to see unless you are right up on it though.

I really like how it came out - but I admit it took a lot more time and thought than most would spend on a gun camo rattle job!

My best advice is to play with different stencils, angles, and distances as you spray. Don't be afraid to experiment. Use a toy gun or hard case or something else to practice on.

A good color palette makes all the difference. Having multiple shades can add needed variation and subtlety. Be mindful of how colors blend and contrast. Those are key concepts to consider.

Hope that helps. Ymmv.

Last edited by Frank_Castle; 10-24-15 at 17:43.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    BCM's over BCM or Colt SBR lowers...
    Last edited by TCB; 10-22-15 at 14:48.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Still need to swap out the end plate, muzzle device, forward grip of some sort (BCM?) and swap this sling.

New Rail Painted by David Pyzik, on Flickr
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    Did this one a few months ago. Krylon rattle can, tan with brown and olive green over it. Used a small mesh laundry bag.

Page 287 of 398 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289297337387 ... LastLast