Page 295 of 398 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 3975

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog-1 View Post
    It looks darker like LMT Coyote SOPMOD Color in which I would love to find a paint or Spray Finish to match. So what color finish/paint is it? It look Beautiful.
    I like this, it reminds me a bit Colt Coyote Brown, that's the color of my AR, it looks a little lighter than the colt coyote though...but I definitely like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Finished this one up over the weekend. All Krylon as I wasn't sure how it would turn out.

Last edited by Topgear; 01-25-16 at 11:31.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Topgear View Post
    Finished this one up over the weekend. All Krylon as I wasn't sure how it would turn out.

That is pretty amazing Topgear. Did you make that stencil yourself? How did you get the pattern so perfect across uneven surfaces?

It certainly looks like it was done by a professional.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the compliments. The stencils came from an eBay seller. A pack of 6 for $20. I used 4, but the additional two would have been used for a buttstock. I started with a base coat of khaki.

Then dusted a few different gradients of black, brown, and OD green.

Applied the stencils, then hit it again with varied gradients of black, brown, and OD green. Topped that off with some splatter of the original khaki. The part that bothers me is the rail. As there is so much cut out, it's hard to see much of the pattern.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Thanks for the pics and explanation. I imagine the rail is a challenge. My first AR is cerakoted one color. Well two because there are some highlights the painter left black. I just can't bring myself to paint over something that cost me money, but my "special project" is a prime candidate for some "Creative Times with Rustoleum" and I have plans to paint it very soon, so I'm busy looking and gathering ideas, saw yours and I just really appreciated the quality look. Anyway thanks for the additional info! Much appreciated!

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Good luck with the project and let us know how it turns out. I've never had good luck with Rustoleum. It just seems to take way too long to dry/cure. I'm much happier with Krylon. I've heard very good things about Aervoe and the Brownells cans as well, but I can't source it locally, so shipping tends to be a bit pricey.

Since it's a pic thread. Here's another one done in Midnight Bronze Duracoat.

Feedback Score

Last edited by blackbox; 01-27-16 at 19:47.
    blessed are the peacemakers...

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    One or two painted guns in there...

I digitally inserted Jaba the Hutt into the original Star Wars-Eric Cartman

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbutt View Post
    One or two painted guns in there...

Just a couple 2 or 3... Lol

~ Sam Houston

~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

Page 295 of 398 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast