Page 321 of 397 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3969

Thread: Painted AR's - show 'em off!

Feedback Score
    I love the "to hell and back" look, but you can put some protective coating on it if you want.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Testing the 6315 flash suppressor / comp with my old trusty 2004 era LMT MRP, it's been the test bed for all prototypes

Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
    Testing the 6315 flash suppressor / comp with my old trusty 2004 era LMT MRP, it's been the test bed for all prototypes

And it's one purdy rifle.
    Ground Defense 1, Blade Defense 1, Defensive Pistol 1 & 2, Alliance Shoothouse, YSINTG, Carbine 1, NRA Range Safety Officer
    david@damagephotos.com
    Damage Photos on Facebook
    @damage_photos on Instagram

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FLICK View Post
    Do you guys normally put some matte clear over the paint or just let it wear naturally?
    I don't put much prep time into my guns and don't do anything other than rust O or krylon and have had paint jobs last through some use Including getting wet often. The main reason I repaint a gun is cause it's fun? I am drying a stick right now cause the optics and light didn't match. I'll post pics soon.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Painted my first one....

Do you guys normally put some matte clear over the paint or just let it wear naturally?
    I'm pretty much a function over form guy, but if I take the time to rattle can a carbine, adding a matte overcoat is virtually no effort and might add some protection. Painting guns is fun-ish, but not something I want to come back to over and over.

If you want to avoid repainting, I would suggest a good degreasing and hitting that smoke pole with some primer first. This seems to cut down on incidental chipping and paint wear more than an overcoat. The preparation is worth the time spent.
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Painted my first one....

I never have put a clear coat over mine, but generally my painted AR's aren't nearly as nice as yours. Mostly sand, khaki and earth browns. I let it wear because it's going to get banged up anyway, that's just a given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

10.2" Noveske

Another 10.5" Noveske. I'm gonna have to strip the paint off the can. Seemed like a good idea during hunting season, but after a hundred rounds or so it starts smoking. Live and learn, I suppose.
    Last edited by MisterHelix; 04-13-17 at 20:24.

Feedback Score
    Midnight bronze, graphite black, Magpul FDE

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If any of your talented paint guys are in Tampa, FL and would be willing to guide a guy with ZERO artistic talents I will buy the beer. Got a 308AR I'd really like to get in a coat of something other than black b/f deer season is upon us again. Probably doesn't matter THAT much, but I figured if I'm wearing camo in the woods my gun in the only thing not 'hiding'. Thanks.

Page 321 of 397 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371 ... LastLast