Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RRA Pistol Info

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by J-A-R View Post
    tsconver :
    The AR platform does not magically become a toy if you decide to build it as a pistol. It is just as capable as a SBR using the same cartridge and barrel length. While follow up shots may be a little slower with the pistol, it is acceptable for me as I am a low speed high drag kind of shooter by most peoples standards. The biggest thing is to train with it, learn what works and what problems arise that need to be addressed the same as any firearm.
    These forums are a good source of info, some may be good some bad, you have to make that decision.

Joe
    thanks for the info I am torn between the spike 10.5" CHF 1/7 barrel or their Concussion 7.5" barrel which is a Lother Walther SS Barrel.

I will put a lot of rounds through it and I hope it to be reliable and fun as well.

Got a little upset over the anti pistol comments, was not asking if pistols were good or bad just asking if a particular brand was worth buying.
    Carolina Smoke and Guns
    Licensed Class 3 Firearms Dealer
    Consulting on NFA Items

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    I'd get a 10.5" over 7.5".

Spikes makes a good Pistol Buffer Tube Kit (link below) w/ a good buffer, spring etc.

Get the foam to put over the tube to aid in mount (3rd/4th POC) for a somewhat decent shooting platform etc.

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/inde...products_id=69

You will be able to hit a 10" steel gong @ 300 yds. all day long w/ Aimpoint T-1 or equiv. I run 75 & 77 gr.

I have a DI (Noveske 10.5") & GP (LWRCi PSD pistol 8.5") BOTH run like a Top and no have issues whatsoever.

HTH....
    Last edited by VooDoo6Actual; 04-09-10 at 15:49.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPLOETHOS View Post
    I'd get a 10.5" over 7.5".

Spikes makes a good Pistol Buffer Tube Kit (link below) w/ a good buffer, spring etc.

Get the foam to put over the tube to aid in mount (3rd/4th POC) for a somewhat decent shooting platform etc.

http://www.spikestactical.com/z/inde...products_id=69

You will be able to hit a 10" steel gong @ 300 yds. all day long w/ Aimpoint T-1 or equiv. I run 75 & 77 gr.

I have a DI (Noveske 10.5") & GP (LWRCi PSD pistol 8.5") BOTH run like a Top and no have issues whatsoever.

HTH....
    I just ordered their complete lower that has the kit you list as part of it. Have not decided on what upper yet, torn between the concussion and the 10.5 CHF. They are sending me a quote for the 10.5 CHF with a low profile gas block and DD Lite rail instead of the grip and standard front site. I will probably end up with a TLR-2 on it and maybe my Aimpoint M2 and then put a trijicon on my carbine.
    Carolina Smoke and Guns
    Licensed Class 3 Firearms Dealer
    Consulting on NFA Items

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123