Thread: Sabre Defence XR15 Lower

Feedback Score

Sabre Defence XR15 Lower

Found locally a Sabre XR 15 lower for 110.00 plus tax. I am seriously debating building an AR so is this a good start? From what I have seen online it looks like a good price.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    buy it. sabre defense lowers are one of the best finished lowers i've found + 110.00 is a good price.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If you dont want it I will take it. I have 2 of these, one of them now registered as a SBR lower. Both have excellent fit and finish, and both drop PMAGs free.
    Last edited by DocHolliday01; 01-27-10 at 20:36.
    There is a fight, that began before any of us were ever born. It will continue, long after we have retired, moved on, and left this world. It is a fight for the soccer mom next door, your mailman, the guy that bags your groceries, and most importantly, it is a fight for your family. We are in a daily battle not for land, not for resources or colonial controls...we are in a fight for our very way of life

Feedback Score
    I have two of those. It doesn't get any better than Sabre IMO.

Feedback Score
    Just did a build on one, I'm pretty happy with it, only issue was, I had to ream the selector detent channel just a little bit. Jeff

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by firstrdko View Post
    Found locally a Sabre XR 15 lower for 110.00 plus tax. I am seriously debating building an AR so is this a good start? From what I have seen online it looks like a good price.
    Dude, if you don't want it, at least point us in the right direction.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    I have two of them, purchased in 2007, and I built a complete lower for my Super SAM rifle using one. No complaints at all.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Mine too!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G-lock View Post
    Just did a build on one, I'm pretty happy with it, only issue was, I had to ream the selector detent channel just a little bit. Jeff

How did you ream it? My selector detent hole is off as well. I am kinda bummed out.

Feedback Score
    Just touched it with the next larger size drill bit.

I have some thought the hole is on the smaller end of the spec and my detent was on the large side from my CMMG LPK. I checked it before I reamed it with a couple other detents and they were not as snug as the one from the CMMG kit, but they were still tighter than I preferred.

But the fix was easy and should presnt no future issues.