Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LE6920 vs. LE6921

Feedback Score

LE6920 vs. LE6921

Looking for opinions.

I'm buying either a LE6920 or LE6921. I need to decide between the two.

The main difference I know is bbl. length, 16" vs. 14.5" .

What is the difference in price and availability?

Am I missing anything ?

Any thoughts ?
    Last edited by dwood67; 04-07-10 at 22:21.
    NRA Benefactor Life
    Life Member Sons of Confederate Veterans

Feedback Score
    deleted
    Last edited by Ramrod615; 06-12-10 at 04:35.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwood67 View Post
    Looking for opinions.

I'm buying either a LE6920 or LE6921. I need to decide between the two.

The main difference I know is bbl. length, 16" vs. 14.5" .

What is the difference in price and availability?

Am I missing anything.

Any thoughts ?
    You'll have to add $200.00 to the price of the 6921, which is going to make it more expensive than the 6920. $200.00 for 1.5" of difference isn't worth it to a lot of people.

Also, if you want to take your SBR to another state, you need to file paperwork with the ATF if you want to do it above board, and there are states that you can't have SBR's in.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    I'd prefer the 14.5" barrel since it looks right, and also should help with timing of action.

Instead of paying more and buying an SBR, what you can do is buy 6920, then replace the barrel (or entire upper) with a Colt 14.5" and permanently pin on flash hider to make it 16" legal. You can sell the 6920 parts to recoup the costs.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    As Temp said the $200 Stamp is the big diff between them. Look at the thread that talks about SBR's in the NFA sub forum. It'll give you some light as to the pros/cons of having a SBR.

IMO the wait and cost of having an 1.5" difference is not worth it. As stated above, buy the 6920 and get a new upper with a perm Flash hider. There is no difference between the two other than the extra barrel length. You can't go wrong with just getting the 6920. Another option is if you really want to get the shorter barrel length, buy the 6920 and form 1 it as a SBR. That way you have something to shoot while you get the stamp and okay from the ATF to throw a shorter barrel on it.
    "There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion." — Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushmaster-M4A3 View Post
    I'd prefer the 14.5" barrel since it looks right, and also should help with timing of action.

Instead of paying more and buying an SBR, what you can do is buy 6920, then replace the barrel (or entire upper) with a Colt 14.5" and permanently pin on flash hider to make it 16" legal. You can sell the 6920 parts to recoup the costs.

Thats basically what I did.

Bought complete Colt non-NFA weapon, sold the upper, and then bought a 6921 complete upper.

With the factory complete 6921 you have to get it registered as an SBR which is a pain at best, and impossible in some places. With a 14.5" you are better off just pinning a FH and be done with it. No hassles, no $200 tax, and its a legal weapon.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i have no use for 16" guns.. they serve only to add weight and length to conform to a ****ing retarded, unconstitutional law.

perming isn't a bad option. you can put whatever rails you want on it before you do the perm, or use an omega afterward. But SBRing would be the cow's teats- not only could you run the 14.5 any damn way you like, but you can throw a 10.5/11/12 on there any time you feel like. when you SBR, you're not doing it "just to save an extra 1.5," you're tearing down the gigantic wall of limitations.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    i have no use for 16" guns.. they serve only to add weight and length to conform to a ****ing retarded, unconstitutional law.

perming isn't a bad option. you can put whatever rails you want on it before you do the perm, or use an omega afterward. But SBRing would be the cow's teats- not only could you run the 14.5 any damn way you like, but you can throw a 10.5/11/12 on there any time you feel like. when you SBR, you're not doing it "just to save an extra 1.5," you're tearing down the gigantic wall of limitations.
    I understand and agree with your first sentence.

But could you run the rest by me again in layman terms please. I'm new to this game and don't have the jargon down.

Just when I was ready to settle on the LE6920.

Thanks
    NRA Benefactor Life

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwood67 View Post
    I understand and agree with your first sentence.

But could you run the rest by me again in layman terms please. I'm new to this game and don't have the jargon down.

Just when I was ready to settle on the LE6920.

Thanks
    additional information in orange:

perming (permanently attaching a muzzle device to bring the weapon ton a full, title-1 legal 16" length) isn't a bad option. you can put whatever rails (free-floating handguards that require a proprietary barrel nut that requires removal of the gas block, which requires removal of the muzzle device) you want on it before you do the perm, or use an omega (a free floating handguard that doesn't require any dissassembly, they're unique) afterward. But SBRing (registering the weapon with the BATF as a "short barreled rifle [SBR]," thereby allowing you to use any barrel length you want) would be the cow's teats- not only could you run the 14.5 any damn way you like (any muzzle device, not permanently attached), but you can throw a 10.5/11/12 (other short barrels) on there any time you feel like. when you SBR, you're not doing it "just to save an extra 1.5," you're tearing down the gigantic wall of limitations (barrel length restrictions).

i didn't know what you're unclear on, so i did my best. betteR?
    Last edited by bkb0000; 04-07-10 at 16:20.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    additional information in orange:

perming (permanently attaching a muzzle device to bring the weapon ton a full, title-1 legal 16" length) isn't a bad option. you can put whatever rails (free-floating handguards that require a proprietary barrel nut that requires removal of the gas block, which requires removal of the muzzle device) you want on it before you do the perm, or use an omega (a free floating handguard that doesn't require any dissassembly, they're unique) afterward. But SBRing (registering the weapon with the BATF as a "short barreled rifle [SBR]," thereby allowing you to use any barrel length you want) would be the cow's teats- not only could you run the 14.5 any damn way you like (any muzzle device, not permanently attached), but you can throw a 10.5/11/12 (other short barrels) on there any time you feel like. when you SBR, you're not doing it "just to save an extra 1.5," you're tearing down the gigantic wall of limitations (barrel length restrictions).

i didn't know what you're unclear on, so i did my best. betteR?
    Much better, thanks.
    NRA Benefactor Life

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast