Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul MBUS with Tritium

Feedback Score

Magpul MBUS with Tritium

Does anyone know if you can put a Trijicon tritium front sight post in the Magpul MBUS front sight?
    Last edited by 3CTactical; 04-07-10 at 13:30.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    if both are built to A2 specs, I dont see why not

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The H3 vials are worth more than the sight, but go for it.

I'd say just go with DD Fixed with the normal A2 post, or the TROYs, but that is more expensive.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    The Trijicon sight uses a special retainer (the spring loaded post that engages the notches on the sight post to prevent it from turning) as the Trijicon sight has a base that allows the actual sight post to spin independently of the adjustment base, so that you can dial in your elevation, while keeping the tritium side of the FSP pointed towards you.

I've modified the Troy flip up sights to accept the trits, (before they came out with thier own) I just don't know if it would be possible to use these in an MBUS and I don't currently have a MBUS to mess around with.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I dont think it'll work. Looks like most of the time the detent ring on the sight is sticking above the body of the MBUS.

Feedback Score
    Detent - That's the word I was looking for. Anyone else ever try this?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3CTactical View Post
    The Trijicon sight uses a special retainer (the spring loaded post that engages the notches on the sight post to prevent it from turning) as the Trijicon sight has a base that allows the actual sight post to spin independently of the adjustment base, so that you can dial in your elevation, while keeping the tritium side of the FSP pointed towards you.

I've modified the Troy flip up sights to accept the trits, (before they came out with thier own) I just don't know if it would be possible to use these in an MBUS and I don't currently have a MBUS to mess around with.
    The roll pin that comes with the MBUS should still act like the detent. As long as you get the post low enough for the pin to engage the post you should be fine.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We use a standard size front sight post. If the tritium unit is within that standard it should work. Also, the whole is tapped a little small to ensure that the front sight post will not move freely or vibrate out by itself. I ran an EAG course last summer in Pueblo using only the MBUS on the first day and I never lost my zero.
    Product Manager at Magpul Industries

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Its a back-up sight. If it is that much of an issue for you, just put a dab GITD paint on the front post.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m24shooter View Post
    The roll pin that comes with the MBUS should still act like the detent. As long as you get the post low enough for the pin to engage the post you should be fine.
    That makes sense and I think would work, assuming the pin is long enough to be firmly seated in the sight and engage both the notches on the Trijicon FSP. The Trijicon FSP comes with a detent that has a tip that is just a CH longer to engage both notches. I'll have to give it a try.

Its a back-up sight. If it is that much of an issue for you, just put a dab GITD paint on the front post.
    It's really not that big of an issue, but rather a bit of redundancy, which I believe is a good thing in this case as it doesn't cost a whole lot, doesn't weigh any more than a standard FSP and doesn't affect operation of the weapon in any way. I run a tritium FSP in all my ARs, regardless of whether they have an Aimpoint T-1, fixed FSP, or a Trijicon TR24 with a front flip up Troy sight. All of my ARs have weapon mounted lights as well, so really the only reason I would ever need the tritium FSP is if my flashlight died, my Aimpoint or Trijicon scope died and I had enough light to positively identify a target, but didn't have enough light to see my FSP well enough (without the trit) to take a shot. And the fact that having the tritium FSP helps me line up my sights in the dark before turning on the weaponlight is a small advantage IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast