Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: question about the g26

Feedback Score

question about the g26

is it as reliable as the g19? thought it might be easier to ccw than my 19. thanks

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    is it as reliable as the g19? thought it might be easier to ccw than my 19. thanks
    I can only speak for one (mine) but my G26 has been the most reliable Glock I own and shoot. I've had at one time either a FTE or a FTF with my G19 and my G17 but my G26 has never had an issue. Not only is it stone reliable but it's pretty darn accurate to boot!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i don't shoot my 26 nearly as much as my 17, but i've no zero failures in <1000 rounds. it is easily as accurate as my 17 (which means its more accurate than me).

it's a fantastic gun for deep concealment- definitely a "buy."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    i think you'd be hard pressed to find a more reliable subcompact.

the only thing i've found mine not to like is very light reloads. a very nice shooting gun too.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Mine is reliable. I intentionally tried to make it malfunction, even going so far as to hold it upside down with just my thumb and index finger holding the gun while I worked the trigger with the other hand. ( taking care to ensure the muzzle pointed at backstop the entire time). I went through an entire magazine without issues.

I trust mine completely.

Feedback Score
    G26...utterly reliable and easy to shoot in my experience
    "I can make you feel, but i cant make you think"- Ian Anderson

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I own both. I've never had a problem with my G26. Conceals very well and you might find that you shoot it better than a G19. My experience anyway.

Feedback Score
    I have never had ever any problems with my G26, G27, G19, G23, G30, G36, G36/30 Hybrid. Glocks are the most reliable guns ever and in my opinion the G26 is as close to perfection as it could be and I find it as accurate as my G19. BTW I do not work for Glock and I don't own stock in Glock.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My results have varied a bit from the group consensus. Remember that my sample size is 1, and with that in mind my 26 has run a bit less reliably than my 19,17 and 34. Don't get me wrong I love my 26 and it is my normal EDC; however, whereas I have had mabey 1 or 2 malfunctions w/ my 19 and 34, none w/ 17 over the course of several thousand rounds. I have had approximately 5 malfunctions over the course of about 700-1000 rds, (very rough estimate).

I suspect some were due to limp wristing (my friends were the shooters at the time), and then with a very particular batch of ammo that I picked up at a gunshow, "factory new", but no idea who the actual factory was, I had several FTE's with that batch of ammo that my other glocks did fine with. I suspected the FTEs were partially ammo related and partially because the extractor was dirty. so I detailed stripped it and cleaned it, checking for chip/cracks and it seemed fine and since it has run well using a variety of ammo.

I have faith in the pistol and trust it, but I don't find MY 26 as absolutely reliable as my other Glocks. just my humble observations. All machines fail on rare occasion so I don't sweat it too much, but I am going to run my G26 some more on monday to reverify its function

GU
    Last edited by ROCKET20_GINSU; 04-17-10 at 19:41.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    My G26 is just as accurate and reliable as my G19 and G17. It's great for concealed carry when wearing shorts and a tshirt.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast