Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Improving accuracy on Glock 19

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    i would put lightening the trigger on the top of the list. for a COMP gun, for carry i'd leave it be.
    I've heard you can tighten up slide/frame fit by gently squeezing the slide in a vise. this also sounds like an excellent way to ruin a perfectly good slide, so proceed with caution. tight slide/frame fit will also improve your trigger slightly. if you unload your gun and slowly squeeze the trigger you'll notice the slide moves relative to the frame slighty as the trigger parts act on the striker.

Feedback Score
    You have a Glock 19--a great duty/service pistol. If you want a match/target/bullseye pistol, then get an appropriate one. Don't try to make your G19 into something it isn't...

Feedback Score
    I hate that Glockenstein article.

The guy who wrote it is just a 1911 fanboy who hates Glocks.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    You have a Glock 19--a great duty/service pistol. If you want a match/target/bullseye pistol, then get an appropriate one. Don't try to make your G19 into something it isn't...
    I dont want a match/target pistol. I just want my G19 to have the maximum performance possible.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree with Doc, no matter what you do to a Glock, it still won't perform near as well as a pistol more designed for accuracy. It's a gun designed to be abused and put rounds on target, down range, not precision shooting.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff5886 View Post
    I dont want a match/target pistol. I just want my G19 to have the maximum performance possible.
    Are you able to out shoot the pistol? By this I mean are you able to fire the pistol with the performance that it, and not you, is the limiting factor? I am not doubting you, you could be the the best pistol shot in the world...but you need to ask yourself this.

If not then your money is best spent on a case of 9mm ammo and perhaps a training class.

Feedback Score
    I guess my expectations for a firearm are lower than most. If it works when I pull the trigger I am happy. I am definately the failure mode in the Glock system..

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    Are you able to out shoot the pistol? By this I mean are you able to fire the pistol with the performance that it, and not you, is the limiting factor? I am not doubting you, you could be the the best pistol shot in the world...but you need to ask yourself this.

If not then your money is best spent on a case of 9mm ammo and perhaps a training class.
    I shoot well, I just want better. No tack driver, just small, tight groups!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Train more.
    "My craving is, and always has been, to be involved in actions conducted to ensure America remains strong, safe, and free of those who have its destruction as their goal."
    - Billy Waugh

"When you enter a room full of armed men, shoot the first person who moves, hostile or otherwise. He has started to think and is therefore dangerous."
    - Robert "Paddy" Mayne

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    glock race guns are a legitimate persuit i'd say...
    usually made from a 17L or 34, but no reason you couldn't tune a G19 as well...
    i've put 7k+ through mine and still can't out-shoot it though, but i'm interested...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast