Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Improving accuracy on Glock 19

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have found the easiest way to get more accurate is also the cheapest- stand closer to the target. I changed the barrel on my 19, and the trigger spring, and the disconnector, and the mag release, and the sights, and the guide rod, and... Because I wanted to see if I changed everything I could find, if it would make the Glock less reliable. I've had 2 FTEs in 660 rounds. Not flawless, but I can't say for sure if those 2 pieces of brass would have failed to eject had I not done any mods. (They were both identical malfunctions- the empty brass laying right on top of the new round headed to the chamber, like a stovepipe, but horizontal instead of vertical). My 19 is as accurate as I have ever been with a pistol, but the only thing that has increased my accuracy any measurable amount is practice.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Sorry bud you might not want to believe it but 1% of all Glock accuracy problems are the gun....99% its the shooter.

There is no 'free-lunch'. Learn to shoot better. It's usually (almost always) the problem.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    I hate that Glockenstein article.

The guy who wrote it is just a 1911 fanboy who hates Glocks.
    I read the article and thought it was pretty good. His assessment of the problems with Glocks was spot on.

C4

Feedback Score
    Hey Grant.

All of the modifications he did were totally uneeded.

SS Guide Rod and barrel? Why did that have to happen?

He basically turned the Glock 17 into a 1911 and slammed everything that makes a Glock a Glock.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Sorry bud you might not want to believe it but 1% of all Glock accuracy problems are the gun....99% its the shooter.

There is no 'free-lunch'. Learn to shoot better. It's usually (almost always) the problem.
    That's 100% correct. But the OP was about tweaking the gun. No different than the gigantic OCD tweaks on AR's for unmeasurable incremental improvements.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Once again another weapon system designed for a purpose and people try to make it something it wasn't intended for and wonder why it may cause problems.

Look at the 1911,M14/M1A, even the AR system in some regards.

If you want a "combat arm" to be a bulleye pistol/precision rig, then it comes at some sacrifice.

As mentioned, practice on the fundementals and use it for what's it's made for. Don't get caught up in making it a toy.
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 04-15-10 at 06:48.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    That's 100% correct. But the OP was about tweaking the gun. No different than the gigantic OCD tweaks on AR's for unmeasurable incremental improvements.
    Thanks I guess I should stop reading titles to threads.

"Improving accuracy on Glock 19"

A Glock doesn't need much more than a better set of sights and a lighter connector. I use a 3.5lb Ghost connector a NY1 trigger spring and Warren Tactical sights.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    As far as improving the gun...glockworx fulcrum trigger is excellent, sights of your choice, Pearce plug, Aro-Tek Sure Touch mag release! I also recommend a SS captive rod w/ ISMI spring of your choice. Lone Wolf barrel good but certainly not required! Enjoy!

Sparky
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of Vlad Tepes View Post
    Here's a link to a pretty thorough article on modifying a Glock. Some of these changes are purported to increase accuracy.

http://www.realguns.com/archives/145.htm (there's a part II link at the bottom of that link as well)
    Just read that. Stunning waste of time.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    Thanks I guess I should stop reading titles to threads.

"Improving accuracy on Glock 19"

A Glock doesn't need much more than a better set of sights and a lighter connector. I use a 3.5lb Ghost connector a NY1 trigger spring and Warren Tactical sights.
    On the GEN 4, I think you are right. On the GEN 3, I would also upgrade the mag release.

C4

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast