Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SBR Optics - What would you do?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can do MOM easily with an Eotech. Just practice a little. Besides, it's fun!

Feedback Score
    You will spend about the same for an Aimpoint or Eotech coupled w/magnifier as you will with an ACOG. That decision is up to you & how much you are willing to spend. If it were me I'd just go with the ACOG in one package, but you're limited to magnification all the time with the ACOG verses the removal of the magnifier at your decretion with the Aimpoint or Eotech. Or you could just buy all of them & have 2 of the 3 stowed with your duty gear until you're ready to use one of the others.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." --George Orwell--

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have a similar question and rather than start a new thread, I thought I would ask it here. I am looking for an optic when my 300 BLK SBR gets out of jail. I was also go to run the SBR'ed lower with a 5.56 short upper (10.5" barrel). I wanted to have similar optics on both uppers so the gun feels the same from my perspective. My plan was to put aimpoint H2s on both the uppers and be done with it. Does this make sense to you or is there a better way?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Trijicon MRO is pretty sweat for SBRs and pistols. Buddy has one on his and it was a blast.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colnago View Post
    I have a similar question and rather than start a new thread, I thought I would ask it here. I am looking for an optic when my 300 BLK SBR gets out of jail. I was also go to run the SBR'ed lower with a 5.56 short upper (10.5" barrel). I wanted to have similar optics on both uppers so the gun feels the same from my perspective. My plan was to put aimpoint H2s on both the uppers and be done with it. Does this make sense to you or is there a better way?
    Pick the optic based on the role of the rifle, regardless of barrel length. RDS or LPVO can be interchangeable but IMO, if the rifle is a 0-200 gun with an emphasis on room distances, then go with RDS. If you have the need to reach out, then go LPVO.

Now the better question is why the heck would you piggyback on a TEN year old thread?? I know someone has had this discussion since then and probably sometime with it this year....just sayin.

Feedback Score
    This has got to be some kind of necrobump record.....

That being said, I think your Aimpoint H2 idea is absolutely winning for an SBR. Post pics when you get it done.

Feedback Score
    Trijicon MRO is on my BCM 9" .300blk. Aimpoint T-1 on my LMT 10.5 upper. I like them both.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I run a compact ACOG 1.5x16 on my 5.56 SBR. It's on a high mount and is as fast basically as an Aimpoint for me while being as light as a micro. I don't discount the light weight. It's very important to me.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    This has got to be some kind of necrobump record.....
    Yessir, 10 years plus.

Quote Originally Posted by MattC View Post
    That being said, I think your Aimpoint H2 idea is absolutely winning for an SBR. Post pics when you get it done.
    Yes, great optic for an SBR>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast