Thread: DD Lite 10.0 on a middy

Feedback Score

DD Lite 10.0 on a middy

I'm planning to upgrade my standard gov't profile mid-length with a DD Lite handguard. I've been entertaining the idea of using a DD 10.0 instead of either 9.0 or 12.0. I already have the troy folding f/s.

For me, 10.0 would give me reasonable weight and balance. I already have a 12.0 and I need something different. This would be a SHTF gun.

I photoshopped a couple pic from USMC03/Demigod collection and this is how it would look like.

Pls post your comment. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Looks good, but I prefer the standard gas block with fixed sight on a SHTF weapon. I believe many here would agree.

MBR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd go with a 12".

If you have long arms (like me) it gives you more flexibility to extend your support hand or get a BUIS further out.

It covers up a low pro gas block (which you'd probably want to pin anyway)

The weight difference between it and 10" is minimal. You can save weight in other areas.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have a 14 and 16 inch middies, both with 10 inch rails one of which is DD lite. I find it is shortest length that works out for me. It covers enough of gas block to prevent bumping it out or burning hand, plus my gas blocks are pinned anyway. I am 6'1", I do extend my support arm far out, and do not run out of rail space; of course this also a function of how far the stock is extended. I am not much concerned about incremental benefit of extra 2 inches of sight radius. Since I prefer full-sized reddots or holo-sights over Micro, the rail and shorter barrel is really the only area where I can save weight. So much so that my other middy has a plastic handguard, but it has its own limitations.