Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My lightweight

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

My lightweight

I have had this rifle for awhile and it has served me well. I have always preferred the lightweight/standard barrel contour, so after the ban lifted I built this gun but with a Larue 7.0 rail, and an Aimpoint ML3.

In the interests of going lighter and getting a longer handguard (I'm 6'4' and have ape length arms, so carbine length sucked) this is the result.

As this was built after the ban, not many barrels were available with that contour so the barrel is a Del-Ton. The barrel has worked great for my needs and it has been through multiple classes and I use it to demo when I teach. I have had no problems with it, so why get rid of it.

Troy TRX Extreme 13" and an Aimpoint Micro. Shaved down the FSB with a hacksaw, 1x30 belt grinder, and a dremel. I probably could have gone lighter with a Daniel Defense rear and a DD Micro mount, but why fix what ain't broke.

Light, and handy, I have joined the club. I am loving the AFG, and I don't know why I didn't go with a 12 o'clock mounted light years ago. Now for crappy pics!

Jon

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Sweet
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Nice carbine sir.

Look, its cousin:

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Good pics, great blaster.
    Mine's a 9" Shorty, but identical parts - good stuff!
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I tell you what, I like how you used the small rail as a sling attachment point. No sling on mine yet, but cheaper rail and cheaper version of your stock.

Last edited by Polymerhead; 04-08-10 at 19:40.

Feedback Score
    Nice build! What rail is that, if I may ask, and what did it run you?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TY44934 View Post
    Nice build! What rail is that, if I may ask, and what did it run you?
    If you are asking what rail I have it is the Troy TRX Extreme 13", and they are usually found for $189.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sweet rifle!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Polymerhead View Post
    I tell you what, I like how you used the small rail as a sling attachment point. No sling on mine yet, but cheaper rail and cheaper version of your stock.

How do you like that MI SS rail?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CJFirefly View Post
    How do you like that MI SS rail?
    I like it a lot. It's the same system as their t-series rails, so while they look like the Troy rail, they're a completely different system; jam nut to index the rail and a anti-rotation screw. The rail is REALLY light and fits well with the upper. The finish is pretty weak, and the MI front sight that fit perfectly on my SBR rubs a little on this rail when folded. Great handguard for the money. Not to take away at all from the OP, the Troy rail is pretty sweet as well - I believe it is a bit smaller in diameter than the SS-series from MI.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast