Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $1k for a handgun, what would you go with?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

$1k for a handgun, what would you go with?

Like the title says I have $1000 for a handgun. I already have a Gen 4 Glock 22, a glock 27. I'm really liking the feel of the Hk's and was considering an HK45. Any recomendations?

I guess this may help, the 22 is my duty, and the 27 is my off duty. So this purchase will not be an everyday carry type of gun.
    Last edited by madisonsfinest; 04-15-10 at 09:59.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I traded my HK45 for a P30. The 45 was just to big for every day carry for me. Very nice guns but dont expect a world class trigger pull. Although it will fire every time you do pull it.....
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    What are you looking to get out of it that your Glocks don't already do? That might help with suggestions. Also what is your training background? This will also aid in providing advise.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Case of ammo and a 2 day shooting class.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Going to have to second that suggestion.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    Thats always good advice. If you are set on a new handgun I would look at the M&P pistols long before anything from HK. (Not saying HK is bad, just my opinion.)

Feedback Score

Cool

Since you mentioned the HK45. Buy it. You'll love it.

Feedback Score
    How about saving the money? If not, training and ammo and become more proficient with what you already own.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'd love to go and do some training but that isn't an option anytime soon. I've got two kids, and the other half works full time too. I think she would have a fit if the little free time I would get would be spent away from the fam. It will get better, but not right now.

I just got a pact timer so I plan on doing drills at the work range, most likely with my glock 22.

I like to leave my glock 22 at work. The glock 27 is for off duty, out and about. I would like to have something at home that I can attach a light to, and I've been intrigued by the HK45, and I have the opportunity to get one.

If I really felt like I could get the time to go and do a training I would love to go take a class from Ken. If I only lived in the southeast getting there would be no problem as a lot of classes are out there, and I'm in WI.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    M&P45 and a S&W 442. I have an HK45, and it's a great pistol, but I assume that the pistols you listed are all you have? If so, I would round it out.

The 442 could be your on-duty BUG too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast