Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Build challenges

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Southern_Partisan View Post
    With respect, why the hate towards Israel??

Check out this link regarding the many contributions made by the nation of Israel:

http://centerforsanity.blogspot.com/2006/08/israels-contributions.html

... and you will better understand the truth of Genesis 12:1-3:

The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."
    it's probably less a "hatred for israel," and more a distaste for the cheap, crappy guns and parts they produce.

---

OP- some people have "bad luck." i'm one of them. it seems like 1 out of 3 parts i order has something wrong with it, sometimes. and i do NOT buy/use cheap crap. i've had problems with LMT, Colt, BCM, Daniel Defense, Noveske, Mega... just to name a few off the top of my head. everything from incomplete orders to lost orders to broken or damaged parts. i also broke an Ergo grip once, since we're on the topic. i didn't lose faith in any of these companies, and all of them have been apologetic and made good every time without hassle.

i've never met anyone who has as many problems as me, and i do, seriously, chock it up to plain "bad luck." i'm a walking, shining example of Murphy's Law.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The only setback I faced was when I ordered a DD omega. The place from which I ordered it re-packaged it to fit all of the order in the same box, and they left out the barrel nut. They had it to me in 2 days, so all was well.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Lets see...

My Colt LE6920 was made in Canada but the BFG sling is made in the USA...

My Aimpoint T1 was made in Sweeden but the Larue mount it sits on was made in Texas, more or less the US of A...

My Winchester Q3131a 5.56 ammunition was made in Israel but the Magpul PMAGs that feed them were made in the USA...

My Glock 17 was made in Austria, the front night sight is a Meprolite from Isreal and the rear is a Heine from the USA, but it lives in a Safariland SLS Chinese made holster...

Please feel free to send me your unwanted $40 Israeli grip, I am sure I can find it a good home...

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zombi3 View Post
    I thought CAA was out of PA.

I expected a AR15 grip to be made in the USA, or should I say I expect it.

To see "Made in Israel" stamped on the top left side of the grip for all to see is not what I want for my custom build. The pictures for the grip are photoshopped and or misleading as its just blank in the pictures online.

Why cant they be made in the USA? Is Israely plastic far superior then ours? Is CAA really saving that much money outsourcing them? I think not considering I paid $40 for it.
    CAA isn't Ergo grip

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shootist~ View Post
    Buy tier one parts made or sold by Magpul, BCM, G&R, LMT, Colt, Daniel Defense, Noveske, LaRue, etc., and you are very unlikely to have a problem...ever.
    This is good advice.

Scoby

Feedback Score
    Looks like everyone went with the magpul miad.
    Last edited by zombi3; 04-19-10 at 19:27.

Feedback Score
    I have been collecting parts for my first build, and aside from a small part being backordered, everything has been acquired without a hitch. But I still have a couple things I need to order. Since I've visited this thread I'm probably jinxed now, and one of my final 3 orders will likely be borked somehow.

Oh, and I went with a Tango Down BattleGrip.
    Last edited by hikeeba; 04-20-10 at 10:54.

Feedback Score
    Maybe I came off too strong.

No you're not jinxed.

I'm new to this and wanted to read about how other members had their orders shipped to different states or how they had to machine take down pins to get them to fit or other great stories....what I figured out was that on M4carbine; the clientele is not noobish, for that you need to hit up ar15.com (not putting that site down its one of my favorites), I also realized as I write this that I'm not ready for this great site.

I'll be back M4 oh yes mark my words.

Love always,
    Zombi3 (plz dont shoot me in the head) lol

Feedback Score
    zombi3, if you're still hanging around:

Since you said in your OP that you are enjoying the research part of custom building your own AR, I will guess that you have also researched the vendors that you have chosen from where to purchase you parts.

If I guessed correctly, I think you have just had a very unusual string of bad luck.

If I guessed incorrectly, I highly recommend researching vendors as well as parts. The integrity of the vendor is important to me. Price always factors in to my purchase decision, but I am willing to pay a little more for a part that is coming from a known good vendor.

My recent experiences. Maybe it can help you:

For my first build/assembly project, I have used 7 sources for parts/stuff; 5 are out-of-state. Of my 7 sources, 2 were tried, true, and trusted by me, and 5 were new to me. 6 of the 7 vendors have delivered parts as promised, and all parts arrived within a week of placing the order. An order was placed 2 days ago from the 7th vendor, who is new to me, so results are pending from them.

Vendors I have used for my project:

Superior Barrels
    MidwayUSA
    Bravo Company USA
    Troy Industries
    Brightflashlights
    Fulton Armory
    Lauer Custom Weaponry (order pending)
    Last edited by hikeeba; 04-22-10 at 11:06.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have had a few problems...
    BCM, Portdoor came to me bent in half. (fixed it, no biggie)
    LMT, Upper Receiver finish was like 600 grit sandpaper. (sent it back)
    G&R, LRPK came without a takedown pin. (got one, no biggie)

Stuff happens, I don't gripe if it gets fixed.....
    ....it not then no more money from me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast