Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tin foil hats

Feedback Score
    I know a lot of people with lead in their rear.
    RudyN

Feedback Score
    Lead is not a very good material for what is in effect a Faraday cage. Silver is best followed by copper. Aluminum is ~60% copper but I have no idea what constitutes tinfoil. So my guess is that tinfoil is at best a dubious shield against RF especially if the hat is not grounded. Of course if we require those wearing tinfoil hats to have them grounded that would keep them off the streets.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    When people say 'tinfoil' I think most mean Reynold's Wrap - 100% aluminum foil.

Aluminum is a great reflector of RF radiation - particularly the high frequency type used in govt satellites to target individuals or small groups.

Aliens might use a more pervasive ELF signal to affect the whole planet. In this case a Faraday cage would be ideal.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Been a while since I was really up on the whole mind control ray shielding thing. I still think the tinfoil hat wearers all need a ground cable to keep 'em from wandering off.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Incase you didn't know, it DOES matter which side of the foil is on the outside. Shiny side out!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12