Thread: shooting range acreage question

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Smile shooting range acreage question

so uh i've been daydreaming er thinking about what it takes to get a piece of dirt set up for hurling metal projectiles at supersonic speed.

what's the approximate acreage for a 100 or even 200 yard rifle range? how much additional acreage would one need for a "buffer" zone around the range?

any input appreciated.

-slut
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    too many variables, local laws(research your area) are different everywhere, NRA regs for a range would be a good start, not say they are the end all but a good start.

Feedback Score
    If you are going to build a range on your property, do yourself a favor. Don't build a range, build a place to sit with sun cover and build something that just happens to be a good backstop for shooting into. The fact that you choose to shoot from that place to sit into that backstop should be coincidental to the construction you do.

You do not want the added liability to having a designated and designed range on your property.

Having said that, you'd be surprised at what nice setups these "coincidences" can have.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got a pile of dirt from a high-school baseball field sitting on my property until I figure out what to do with it.

The occasional littering of brass at the 100, 200, etc. to 800m at intervals, under trees is just coincidence!
    Last edited by Loki; 04-19-10 at 18:03.

Feedback Score
    Being in the country we have lots of ridges to shoot into and big hills to throw out a few cans at the base of and blast away.