Thread: Magpul RVG reviews - post here *PICS added

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Magpul RVG reviews - post here *PICS added

I must have been the first to order the RVG I got it from AIM today.

Overview-
    Now this isn't some revolutionary new product like the AFG. However, After trying it, I feel (so far) that at it's price point, it is the best VFG out there. It sort of takes the theory behind the MOE pistol grip and applies it to the VFG. It is the same concept, but offers better handling and comfort than the standard offering at an affordable price. It fills the hand, is lightweight, and can be cut to whatever length you want.

Details-
    The front surface has a nice wide curve to it, which is nice for those of us who use the thumb break grip, as there's not as much cramping of the fingers. Or maybe more precisely, my fingers are still a little cramped, but on my other VFG, my middle finger didn't even touch anything, whereas on the RVG, I have a solid grip. The RVG is long front to back, providing a more substantial surface for weapon control and user (operator if you're cool enough) comfort

When holding the RVG in the traditional manner (boxer grip), it sets the back of your hand parallel to the barrel. To me this seems less than ideal. The Tango down allows your hand to grip with so that you are at an angle with the barrel, providing optimal control (for boxer grip).

Not sure I need to mention anything about quality being Magpul. It is a very hard plastic, almost feels like ceramic.

It is very light weight.

Summary-
    If you want a grip for thumb break hold, I recommend trying the RVG. IMO it is the best out there for this method and has a superior price point.

If you prefer the traditional grip method, even at the lower price point it may disappoint.

So my rating out of (vain, proud, modest, withdrawn, emo) with vain being the best and emo the worst, I give this product a

Proud!

Great product, great price, moderately versatile.

PICS:

Last edited by JonnyVain; 04-19-10 at 20:36.