Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magpul RVG reviews - post here *PICS added

Feedback Score

Magpul RVG reviews - post here *PICS added

I must have been the first to order the RVG I got it from AIM today.

Overview-
    Now this isn't some revolutionary new product like the AFG. However, After trying it, I feel (so far) that at it's price point, it is the best VFG out there. It sort of takes the theory behind the MOE pistol grip and applies it to the VFG. It is the same concept, but offers better handling and comfort than the standard offering at an affordable price. It fills the hand, is lightweight, and can be cut to whatever length you want.

Details-
    The front surface has a nice wide curve to it, which is nice for those of us who use the thumb break grip, as there's not as much cramping of the fingers. Or maybe more precisely, my fingers are still a little cramped, but on my other VFG, my middle finger didn't even touch anything, whereas on the RVG, I have a solid grip. The RVG is long front to back, providing a more substantial surface for weapon control and user (operator if you're cool enough) comfort

When holding the RVG in the traditional manner (boxer grip), it sets the back of your hand parallel to the barrel. To me this seems less than ideal. The Tango down allows your hand to grip with so that you are at an angle with the barrel, providing optimal control (for boxer grip).

Not sure I need to mention anything about quality being Magpul. It is a very hard plastic, almost feels like ceramic.

It is very light weight.

Summary-
    If you want a grip for thumb break hold, I recommend trying the RVG. IMO it is the best out there for this method and has a superior price point.

If you prefer the traditional grip method, even at the lower price point it may disappoint.

So my rating out of (vain, proud, modest, withdrawn, emo) with vain being the best and emo the worst, I give this product a

Proud!

Great product, great price, moderately versatile.

PICS:

Last edited by JonnyVain; 04-19-10 at 20:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    deleted
    Last edited by Stickman; 04-19-10 at 18:55.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Pics added

Feedback Score

Smile

Got mine from AIM today as well and mounted

Its light...its narrow....compared to an LRT or TD its sorta kinda chinsy feeling

But at its price point its unbeatable

Given Magpuls rep for quality polymer I suspect it will last a long time and take
    a lot of abuse...

I think I will send mine to a young grunt Marine I know and let him beat the crap out of it for a while...and see how it holds up...

edited to add...

That sucker is on there rock solid...(Daniel Def Omega rail)

I like it!

Hope the FDE version hits the streets soon

Though I may krylon this one before I send it overseas in next care package
    Last edited by 9DivDoc; 04-19-10 at 21:20.
    It is legal to hunt, kill, and eat porcupines, armadillos and badgers in Texas.

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    looks like it's right up my alley small, inexpensive stubby vfg.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyVain View Post
    Pics added

Thank you, I rehosted my image.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Do you think you could get a pic of you with your hand wrapped around the grip?

Looks good. Waiting on a good review of the MVG.
    Personal security provided by: Sig Sauer, S&W, Ruger, and Daniel Defense

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    AIM shipped mine out to me yesterday. Can't wait.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake Bauer View Post
    Do you think you could get a pic of you with your hand wrapped around the grip?

Looks good. Waiting on a good review of the MVG.
    Maybe tonight but I'm not sure I'll have the time. Did you have a specific question?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been using the Magpul RVG for the past 4 months, its a light weight, well textured, reasonably priced, solid VFG that holds up to abuse in typical Magpul maner.

With the price as low as it is, you can chop it down without worry if thats your shooting style. Over all, its a winner.

Stick

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast