Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XCR Micro

Feedback Score

XCR Micro

I finally got my first stamp and thought I would share pics of my baby. This thing is small and super easy to handle. It has been 100% with anything I have fed it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Very nice...
    FFL/SOT

Chuck Norris has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

Feedback Score
    So sweet, great choice

Feedback Score
    nice congrats

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very nice - Congrats!
    Joshua 24:14-15

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Nice compact blaster !

Feedback Score
    Here's my XCR family pics.

I weighed them on my bathroom scale which only reads to the 1/2 pound. All weights are as pictured with a loaded mag and all accessories. The micro checked in at 9.0 pounds (felt lighter), the SF at 10.0 and the SPR at 10.0.

March to the sound of guns and kill everyone not dressed like you
    Feedback Score
    I demand details on the middle one.

There's so many things that appeal to me about the XCR. I don't want to get into the owners politics, but I like that it's designed and built in the US. I like the FAL style charging handle and bolt release. It looks heavy but apparently weighs less than the ACR.
    I've just heard bad things about the extractor and the way the barrel is held in place.
    Is it reliable? Is it accurate? It seems that the XCR owners all say yes, and the non owners say no. Who to believe...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post

I weighed them on my bathroom scale which only reads to the 1/2 pound. All weights are as pictured with a loaded mag and all accessories. The micro checked in at 9.0 pounds (felt lighter), the SF at 10.0 and the SPR at 10.0.
    Very nice collection. I'm a big fan of the SF config. Hopefully Robarm will release the final version to the public. This was the prototype version Robarm put together. I really want one.

Last edited by variablebinary; 04-27-10 at 15:51.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    The middle one is an SF configuration. It uses the standard barrel and gas system on the mini upper. It saves a few ounces of weight, but more importantly for me, moves the center of balance rearward. RA has a new lighter weight op rod as well which would shave some weight, but I haven't upgraded to it, yet.

The scope is a Trijicon TR in Burris med rings. This gives a cheek weld and height above bore similar to the AR.

I think it is the ejector, not extractor that some worry about. The extractor is good sized and real similar to an AK. The ejector is bolted in but mine have never come loose. Apparently all new guns have loctite applied to these bolts. VB has his welded. If it bothers you, you can check them when you clean or have them welded.

I have never had a problem with the barrel attachment. Torque to spec and forget about it. For a while I was routinely switching barrels and never had one loosen.

I like RA in that they are pretty receptive to customer input. The SF is a result of customer input. They are working on getting an SF model with the gas block right in front of the rail to save some more weight and better looks, according to some. Apparently this set up is having some teething problems with ripping cases under extraction.

I like the SCAR, but it is too pricey for me and I don't think it will be near as easy to get spare parts.

I will probably get an ACR down the road as it continues to get developed and the price drops. If the price never gets below 2K, then I will get something else.

If you get a chance to shoot an XCR, I think you will like it. It combines a lot of nice features, eats anything from about any mag that will lock in place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast