Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XCR Micro

Feedback Score
    Well,

i had my extractor fly out the gun upon firing it the first time. Robarms fedex'd me a new extractor assembly within 3 days. But i think they have a woman assembling these things so that would explain it.

That said, it was the only failure of any kind since ive bought it, around 800 rounds so far. No cleaning just some motor oil. Hasn't exactly been babied either, never did their so called "break in", been mostly in the truck around the farm shooting varmints.

Its a newer model 18.5" HBAR
    Pros:
    -Ergos are sweet, love the FAL style charging handle, with AR style controls
    -The bolt release is nice and solid, works well. Ambi safety.
    -KISS construction, very easy to fieldstrip. AK style system, everything is well thought out and dissembles easily for cleaning.
    -Monolithic reciever, mount optics anywhere you want
    -Very solidly built, no play between upper/lower
    -Adjustable gas system
    -Trigger is nice and crisp

Cons:
    -Front heavy due to its design
    -Cut-out rail system instead of full milspec rails like KAC or DD
    -Rail system is a bit short for my long arms, needs another 3" of rail
    -Front takedown pin has a small hair pin type means of pin retention, rather than a detent, which has a tendency to come out when dissembling the gun. Easy to loose.
    -Need to double check the gun from factory, some small QC issues.

Dunno, if i was in the states i probably wouldnt buy it, rather spend the money on a high-end AR15. But im in Canada and the XCR isnt restricted like the AR15.

What Robinson needs to do is send a few guns out to people like Pat Rogers for T&E. Get em proven.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 308smk View Post
    Well,

i had my extractor fly out the gun upon firing it the first time. Robarms fedex'd me a new extractor assembly within 3 days. But i think they have a woman assembling these things so that would explain it.

That said, it was the only failure of any kind since ive bought it, around 800 rounds so far. No cleaning just some motor oil. Hasn't exactly been babied either, never did their so called "break in", been mostly in the truck around the farm shooting varmints.

Its a newer model 18.5" HBAR
    Pros:
    -Ergos are sweet, love the FAL style charging handle, with AR style controls
    -The bolt release is nice and solid, works well. Ambi safety.
    -KISS construction, very easy to fieldstrip. AK style system, everything is well thought out and dissembles easily for cleaning.
    -Monolithic reciever, mount optics anywhere you want
    -Very solidly built, no play between upper/lower
    -Adjustable gas system
    -Trigger is nice and crisp

Cons:
    -Front heavy due to its design
    -Cut-out rail system instead of full milspec rails like KAC or DD
    -Rail system is a bit short for my long arms, needs another 3" of rail
    -Front takedown pin has a small hair pin type means of pin retention, rather than a detent, which has a tendency to come out when dissembling the gun. Easy to loose.
    -Need to double check the gun from factory, some small QC issues.

Dunno, if i was in the states i probably wouldnt buy it, rather spend the money on a high-end AR15. But im in Canada and the XCR isnt restricted like the AR15.

What Robinson needs to do is send a few guns out to people like Pat Rogers for T&E. Get em proven.
    You bet a woman assembled it. Don't talk bad about the future mother of my children!

I'm just kidding, but Terra is a doll, and knows more about the inside of firearms than the vast majority of us on this board.

Although your review is balanced, the gun is proven. Farnam uses his every day teaching his classes and it's hard to get him to shoot anything else.

I've trained in demanding, dirt eating courses more than 15 times and have maybe 5000 rounds through mine over the year or so I've had it. I don't, and wouldn't, use anything else. I'm about to switch it again to 6.8 and take it out after some feral hogs.

Kevin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12