Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first AR-BCM Middy-tons of pics

Feedback Score

Talking My first AR-BCM Middy-tons of pics

I probobly have 40 hours of reading and research into this project, my first AR. I didnt want to buy an off the shelf weapon, I customize everything I own so why not start more from scratch? Ive had it out a couple times with irons only and just recently received the Aimpoint so I havent tried that yet.

*BCM Mid Length 16"
    *BCM BCG + CH. I will eventually add a gunfighter CH.
    *Spikes lower w/H buffer. The Spikes ST buffer short stroked 55gr .223 and didnt feel smooth at all, I didnt like it.
    *DD Omega 9
    *Magpul AFG
    *Magpul Pmags (7)
    *Magpul Aluminum trigger guard
    *Magpul MOE grip
    *Magpul MOE stock
    *Magpul ASAP (not in all the pics)
    *Magpul MS2 (not pictured)
    *KNS anti rotating pins
    *Troy BUIS
    *Aimpoint ML3 - 2MOA
    *Larue Cantilever mount

I love shooting this thing! Has been flawless in its short life with me (650rds)

Last edited by Alberto; 04-25-10 at 10:55.

Feedback Score
    Good lookin build, you've got me worried about the ST-T2 buffer now though. Have to shoot it and see. Thanks for the heads up.

Feedback Score

AR-BCM

Man that is a really cool rifle you put together. Interested in how you like the Troy buis ? I have a low pro Arms 40L on my ar and was thinking of trying another buis on the next gun. thanks

Feedback Score
    looking sharp man! I love my bcm middy
    Quote Originally Posted by RTA308 View Post
    Man that is a really cool rifle you put together. Interested in how you like the Troy buis ? I have a low pro Arms 40L on my ar and was thinking of trying another buis on the next gun. thanks
    There is a reason troy is the go to BUIS
    Last edited by scfast; 04-25-10 at 10:51.

Feedback Score
    In my research many people had speculated that the Spikes buffer would be too heavy with the 55gr .223. I only had 3 short strokes out of the first 300rounds so its likely everything was breaking in. To be fair I had 2 short strokes that same trip with the H buffer, none this past time out for another 350rds.

The main reason I put in the H buffer was because the Spikes buffer recoiled very harshly-much to my surprise. My friends Carbine with standard buffer recoiled much smoother than my middy w/Spikes buffer. I was like whaaat? I then tried both a Carbine and H buffer and the H was the smoothest and I had no short stroke issues (other than 2 the first time out shooting, none last time out). The Spikes buffer now lives in my friends Carbine and works great for him, kinda weird...

I dont have a lot of experience with different BUIS, but the Troy is great. Zeroes very easily, very sturdy positive locking. You see why they are so expensive when you use em. Shooting small propane tanks at 200yds was EASY, as was hitting 3" pigeons at 100yds. I'll run Troy BUIS on everything from here on out. I wanna build an upper with a 10 or 11" handguard and try their HK style front.

Thanks for the comments.
    Last edited by Alberto; 04-25-10 at 10:53.

Feedback Score

AR-BCM

Smoking piegons at 100yds sounds like my kinda fun. The Troy sounds like the next buis. thanks Alberto

Feedback Score
    Im a novice rifle shooter and this thing makes me feel and look better than I am!

I had so much fun with irons shooting at 200yds last time I almost cancelled the Aimpoint + Larue order. You're welcome.
    Last edited by Alberto; 04-25-10 at 11:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Crisp and clean. Very nice job...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    nice build you have there.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Congrats, I just got a BCM 16" LW middy earlier this week. Ran like a champ at the range on Friday.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast