Thread: Arsenal SLR-106, bent rail....?

Feedback Score

Arsenal SLR-106, bent rail....?

After installing my ultimak on my 106, I noticed that one of the rails (left side) has a large divot, that guides the bolt on my ak. Is this normal??? Just checked my other ak's and none of them have the divot in the rail.

Last edited by surfinbird; 05-04-10 at 15:05.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    That's your ejector.

Does the bolt carrier ride freely in the receiver? If so, you shouldn't have any issues.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    it hangs up a little.... havent shot it though, still waiting on my optic.

templar, does your 106 look like mine internally? in terms of the divot?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Mine looks the same as yours. I think it will be fine. Perhaps the resistance you are feeling is the bolt riding over the hammer?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tr1kstanc3 View Post
    Mine looks the same as yours. I think it will be fine. Perhaps the resistance you are feeling is the bolt riding over the hammer?

I'll have to look at mine but I don't think it's an issue and f the hammer is pushing up against the bolt carrier assembly, that's also normal.

I'd go out and shoot it a bit while you're waiting on the RDS......you should sight your irons in anyway so that they'll be good to go when you get your optic.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    As stated above, that is the ejector, and the fold/divot on the ejector is there to reinforce it. Also, the slight hang up you feel when riding the bolt home is from the upward pressue as it passes over the hammer. You really are not supposed to ride the bolt home.

All in all perfectly normal, and nothing to worry about. BTW, if I were you I'd go shoot it, and not worry about waiting for the optic. JMHO, YMMV, yada yada...

Feedback Score
    pumped 100, 55gr federal, though it today... no problems, sights a little off. but that can be corrected. damn that ultimak gets hot, now waiting to get the t1.