Page 8 of 91 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: The S&W M&P problem thread

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by S500N View Post
    I have a couple of further questions as it relates to the lack of trigger reset.

1. Has anybody experienced this with the stock sear?

2. Does anybody have a PC sear that did not exhibit reset issues early on but then developed them down the road, say after at least a couple thousand rounds or more?

Thanks,

Steve
    1. Don't think so.

2. I think it happens (if at all) from day one.

C4

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    Grant,

I posted my accuracy issues yesterday, go away and come back to three more pages of posts!

My M&P is a 9mm and I've shot ammo from standard pressure to +P in it, all with dismal accuracy results. You said the barrels are "set up for +P". Please elaborate on what that means specifically if you would.

I don't mind if a service gun isn't a tackdriver, but when your shots can't be called reliably at very minimal midrange distances then there's something wrong.

According to my discussions with S&W, their guns are more accurate with higher pressure ammo.

That is about all I know. If you have a bad barrel (won't group), send it back to them for testing.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by S500N View Post
    I have a couple of further questions as it relates to the lack of trigger reset.

2. Does anybody have a PC sear that did not exhibit reset issues early on but then developed them down the road, say after at least a couple thousand rounds or more?

Thanks,

Steve
    My two (Pro 9) incidents reported in the 2K test results here, occurred about 30 minutes apart between 1800 and 2100 rounds. Because of this, I'm hoping it was just crud build up and "tolerance stack" from that.
    Last edited by JHC; 04-29-10 at 17:10.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    The other big issue I have with box-stock M&Ps is the weird bump I get when dry firing them. It takes significant effort with a new gun to hold the front sight steady. Admittedly my sample size is small (4 guns) but every one, including a NIB Pro, has a bump when the striker lets go. Not being the most savvy person in the world, I want to put it on overtravel, but I'm not 100% sure that's what's doing it. This has sorted itself out on my most used gun, so I'm fairly certain it's a gun thing and not a me thing.
    +1 on that... makes for a nice low left push... I only get it on my MP45.. did a trigger job.. and its gone...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    According to my discussions with S&W, their guns are more accurate with higher pressure ammo.

That is about all I know. If you have a bad barrel (won't group), send it back to them for testing.

C4

There may be some truth to this but I'm only going off my experience tonight as powder puff PMC did not shoot well for me while Lawmen did better and Ranger-T did much better.

This is only my second time ever shooting an M&P period but I hope I can consistently do this or better after some more practice and training.

This was with 124gr +P Ranger-T:

Last edited by G34Shooter; 04-29-10 at 22:06.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    I have never heard of a Glock breaking a striker due to dry-firing. Have you?
    Unfortunately I have. I personally broke the striker on a G17 and the breach face on a G34 (as described above) due to excessive dry-fire. Glock replaced my slide no questions asked.The 17 had a couple hundred thousand dry "fires" with no snap cap but after the slide on the 34 broke with far fewer...I started using a snap cap only to break the striker on the 17 a few weeks later. I'm sure it was a coincidence and due to excessive wear, but I have ditched the snap caps and instead just bump up to against the sear without actually breaking the shot for most dry-fire.
    Last edited by BB01; 04-30-10 at 00:33.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The tritium issue has nothing to do with S&W. Trijicon is the problem child with that one.

C4
    I just had the same problem. While shooting my M&P 9c at the range today I noticed the tritium insert on my front sight popped out. I looked around but it was lost. They are trijicon night sights that were on the gun when I bought it new from OMB Express a little over a month ago. Do I contact Trijicon or S&W since they were labeled Factory Night Sights when I bought it?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BB01 View Post
    a couple hundred thousand dry "fires" with no snap cap
    HOLY SMOKES! And live fire on top of that.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BMcDonald7 View Post
    I just had the same problem. While shooting my M&P 9c at the range today I noticed the tritium insert on my front sight popped out. I looked around but it was lost. They are trijicon night sights that were on the gun when I bought it new from OMB Express a little over a month ago. Do I contact Trijicon or S&W since they were labeled Factory Night Sights when I bought it?
    Contact S&W.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    HOLY SMOKES! And live fire on top of that.
    Approximately 40k. The vast majority of that was white box, when it was cheap.

Page 8 of 91 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast