Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091

Thread: The S&W M&P problem thread

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Ammunition used was Federal, Winchester and UMC. I'll contact the owner of the pistol and ask if he has heard anything from Smith & Wesson yet. If not, I may tear the slide down and inspect the parts.

On the same outing another shooter fired a M&P 40 with over 5,000 rounds through it. He fired roughly 400 hundred rounds without issue.
    Cool. Make sure to tell the owner of the M&P with 5k that all of his PM's are due.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The malfunctioning M&P 40 is up and running now. The slide assembly was stripped down and there were no broken parts.

Frog Lube worked it's way inside the firing pin channel and gummed it up enough to slow down the striker causing light primer strikes. The slide, striker and other parts were throroughly cleaned and that resolved the problem.

The pistol fires now.

There is no use in getting Smith & Wesson involved, it was a lubricant build up issue.
    Last edited by T2C; 10-07-13 at 11:04.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    The malfunctioning M&P 40 is up and running now. The slide assembly was stripped down and there were no broken parts.

Frog Lube worked it's way inside the firing pin channel and gummed it up enough to slow down the striker causing light primer strikes. The slide, striker and other parts were throroughly cleaned and that resolved the problem.

The pistol fires now.

There is no use in getting Smith & Wesson involved, it was a lubricant build up issue.
    Man, someone must have gone to TOWN on the frog lube!

C4

Feedback Score
    This thread has been quite for a long time.

Has S&W ironed out the issues on the M&P9 full size and compacts? Are the 2014 and newer strikers and extractors holding up well?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fastgun View Post

Has S&W ironed out the issues on the M&P9 full size and compacts? Are the 2014 and newer strikers and extractors holding up well?
    I'm not aware of "issues". I've had M&P40 and M&P40C for many years now. Flawless performance. Haven't heard of any issues with strikers, nor with extractors, on M&Ps. There were some long-range accuracy complaints with the 9s at one point, but I can't speak to that question.
    Last edited by DHart; 03-11-17 at 14:51.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. This must be why the thread died.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fastgun View Post

The 2.0 seems to have resolved the issues. Late production 1.0 9mm's may or may not have issues still, just a little less common.

Feedback Score
    M&P 2.0 looks to be a stellar pistol. I LOVE my 1.0 versions, but the 2.0 versions are even better!

Page 91 of 91 FirstFirst ... 4181899091