Page 49 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: The S&W M&P problem thread

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tr1kstanc3 View Post
    Currently at the office but I'll post some pics up when I get home. Definitely would like to see how yours looked after 60k rounds!
    Sure here is a picture of my 1st 9L with my newest 2 9L. I am sure you can tell which one is the oldest =)

The black colour in the polymer is faded, and a ton of the finish is also gone on the metal parts. It runs great still, but I decided to retire it and go with a new M&P 9L. I have a 4th one that I use now, but that one is starting to get worn out, so I pictured the 2 new 9Ls I have that I have yet to use. Both new ones I bought used. They have around 100 rounds through them according to the purchasers. I believe it though, since the magazines had barely a scratch, and the magwell were pretty nice.

Looking forward to seeing your slide pictures, hope they gun isn't messed up.
    Noel A. Robleto
    Instructor / Owner
    Virginia Tactical
    noel@virginia-tactical.com
    703-439-9321

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The M&P trigger is not better than a Glock's (currently), but a new sear is coming from S&W shortly and will improve the trigger feel greatly I think (have an engineering drop at my shop).
    I just received a new M&P from Grant today that, I believe, has the new sear in it. Easily distinguishable because it's silver in color, it definitely results in a better trigger pull that really is more Glock-like. The reset is a bit more distinct than on previous stock guns I've tried. The new sear and the ledged sights are definite improvements.

EDIT -- Grant, if you have more info on that I'd love to hear it.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 08-04-10 at 09:19.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    I just received a new M&P from Grant today that, I believe, has the new sear in it. Easily distinguishable because it's silver in color, it definitely results in a better trigger pull that really is more Glock-like. The reset is a bit more distinct than on previous stock guns I've tried. The new sear and the ledged sights are definite improvements.
    What's the build date if I may ask?
    Keep your powder dry.

M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I am a tactical marketing professional. PM for details.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    JW777, for reference what is the serial number prefix of your new M&P?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Dunno the production date, but the SN is:

DSX7XXX

The gun is actually a birthday present for my father, so it's his gun now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Got off work early and took my M&P .45 to the range and shot about 125 reloads through it. 25 of the reloads were hollow points. I did experience multiple failures to feed. I think it's more of an issue with either the bullet profile or cartridge overall length. I'll have to do some fiddling with my reload setup.

I also did have the "auto forwarding", but I don't think it's much of an issue.
    "...but on the surface it looks like a Satan sandwich." Rep. Emanuel Cleaver

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

EDIT -- Grant, if you have more info on that I'd love to hear it.
    As this is a long thread, perhaps someone posted this info, but everyone I have talked to who has added the Apex DCAEK says it takes the MnP trigger from a so so - crappy trigger, to a world class trigger:

https://apextactical.com/store/produ...php?pid35.html

Although some send to Apex to have it done, many have done it themselves and report no drama.

Raves is all I hear about the Apex system added to the MnP.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Picked up a M&P 45 FS the end of June. 600 rounds down range mostly reloads both 230 grn RN and 200 grain SWC. The gun has been flawless to this point. When I got the gun all I did was put a couple of drops of lubricant on the rails.

After reading the accuracy problems some people have had I tried 10 rounds at 25 yards standing. While this distance has been no problem for me with revolvers I have never done as well with any of my autos. I am happy to report 9 rounds in the X ring on a B-27 target and 1 hit in the nine ring that I called.

I can't even say that I object to the trigger.

Love this gun. Hope it holds up as well as my S&W 645.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I finally made it out to shoot my new M&P 9c today. I put 200 rounds of WWB through it and had a single FTE about 80 rounds in. That was the only malfunction. After all I've read of the M&P 9mm pistols not always ejecting WWB ammo properly I'm not too concerned about the FTE I had today. I did start noticing the trigger creep and will probably be ordering the Apex DCAEK for it soon. Overall I'm very happy with the pistol though.
    Last edited by SteveL; 08-04-10 at 13:40.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dutch308 View Post
    My DCAEK came in today! Yeah for me!! Took about 20 minutes to install the whole thing. Very easy! +1. It was too dark to go shoot it tonight but am planning a trip to the range tommorow after work. I also stippled the backstrap a couple of days ago. Can't wait to try it out. The new feel of the trigger is awesome.
    Would you mind posting exactly what tools you need to put the parts in yourself. I want to order this kit for mine, but I want to make sure I have everything necessary to install it beforehand. Thanks.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Page 49 of 91 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast