Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: QD Swivels and Swivel Mounts - How sturdy are they?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

QD Swivels and Swivel Mounts - How sturdy are they?

I've got a Noveske that needs a sling. The rails and stock already have QD mounts, so I'm considering using those. Are they sturdy enough for a heavy carbine (Noveske Recon w/ UBR stock and NF 2.5-10x)? It weighs in at about 10lbs.

My main fear is that I'll trust it only to have it fail, as the QD swivels seem... small and fragile, for lack of a better word.

Also, if QD is perfectly fine, any good starting points for QD swivel-type slings?

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I had the same worry....but once i had mrps and ubrs and such with so many QD sockets, I figured I had to trust Magpul and LMT and get some QD swivels. Had the slings with QD swivels now for about yr......ZERO problems and i love them now and couldnt see not having em. They are sturdy and reliable as your safety is on your gun....given they are gearsectors or KAC's etc.

Get the Gear Sectors or KAC's....I personally own several of the KACs.
    http://www.knightarmco.com/shop/inde...products_id=12
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 04-29-10 at 15:29.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you can, try before you buy. I tried a DD qd on my OmegaX,and it would not lock. So I ended up getting an Voltar.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lfromsalem View Post
    If you can, try before you buy. I tried a DD qd on my OmegaX,and it would not lock. So I ended up getting an Voltar.
    I had a Daniel Defense rear tube-mount double-QD adapter that did the same thing on the right side - I'm right-handed and used the left-side for over a year before I realized it. Turns out the channel wasn't deep/long enough for the QD connector to properly seat in it. DD had some issues with QC, but I think they're past it (it was back during their bankruptcy stuff I want to say).

I sent it back and they returned it within a week and everything was cool on the new one (worked great).

Other than that, I've not had an issue with any of mine yet - I've gone to all QD adapters for slings on my ARs (except for one).
    Last edited by EZ Bake; 04-29-10 at 16:29.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I got lucky, and was able to try it in my local shop. glad I did.

Feedback Score
    I was paranoid about QD sockets at first, but i tried dropping and jerking my rifle around with a QD socket equipped sling and they never busted loose.

I use a Daniel Defense Omega rail, Daniel Defense Omega Socket, and Magpul's various stocks with QD slings without complain. They are stronger than they look

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    FWIW, the Uncle Mike QD swivels i use on my LWRC are pretty sturdy. My concern would be less about the swivels popping off than the QD button getting stuck in the down position.

Feedback Score
    I use a Daniel Defense QD swivel as the front attatchment point on my Omega rail. Its very sturdy.

Feedback Score
    I had a sling swivel that I ordered from a respected dealer that would pop off with a firm tug. Dealer replaced it promptly and haven't had any problems with the replacement.

Test it before you use it.
    Last edited by 8200rpm; 04-29-10 at 19:35.

Feedback Score
    What about this?

Magpul has released the QD sockets for their ACS stock. A standard QD socket would not work on the ACS stock, so a new one was made which increases the stand off distance.

I got this from another site,But it was from a while ago.Do I need a different QD socket for a ACS?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast