Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
black hole has a small table at the Portland gun show.. i've stopped and looked a couple times i've been in there for ammo (the only reason i go at all)... not impressed with what i've seen, nor with the specs they've given. cheap, unlined steel, with undesirable profiles... maybe you guys are seeing something i'm missing
My barrel is a 416R Stainless Steel barrel. The same barrel steel that Lilja, E.R. Shaw, Douglas, Lea Baer and others use in their barrels. 416 will still rust and corrode but not as readily as other steels, but it's easier to rifle consistantly.

The barrel profile is the profile I wanted. Approximately 1" to a .750" gas block and .740" to the muzzle. I talked to the owners of Blackhole Weaponry and they informed me they would machine what ever profile I wanted. So if they were willing to do that for me why wouldn't they do it for others?

Would chrome lining be nice? No. It's not like I'm going to find corrosive Eastern Block ammunition for a 6x45. This round is and will probably only remain a handload opption. Cor Bon has some ammo but at $44 per 20 no way. Chrome lining aids in corrosion resistance and barrel longevity neither of which are concerns for this rifle.

What did I see in their barrels? Price and the fact that they were making 6x45 barrels. I'm happy with the barrel. It is accurate and the machining and finish were excellent.