Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Blackhole Weaponry Barrels ?

Feedback Score
    The guy is probably just supporting the company he decided to give money too.

In regards to Black Hole barrels, I've never used one but I've heard good things about them and wouldn't hesitate using one.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They offer decent barrels. In my sample size of one, I have 16" mid 1/8 twist stainless NATO chambered. Very accurate, under MOA at 100yrds with good ammo. Have not shot for groups any farther. Huge gas port .082 and is over gassed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    Is it cheaper to rifle a barrel with 3 grooves?
    On a polygonal barrel, they're not really "grooves"; more like "lobes". Ever look at a Glock barrel? I think they're a little easier to really observe in a shorter length barrel. Not sure sending a barrel into a rotary forging hammer mill matters whether it's a 3, 5 or more "lobed" bore. Maybe the owner of Black Hole Weaponry can answer the question.

From a standpoint of sheer physics, trying to "deform" a copper-jacketed bullet - by explosive force - down a bore with less contact area seems the most logical. And - I'm guessing - with only 3 "open" spaces around the bullet, there's less space to have to seal.

I keep hearing about increased muzzle velocities - using identical rounds - in favor of a polygonal barrel vs. traditional Enfield" rifling. That and the dramatically reduced copper / lead fouling - i.e. easier cleaning - in the bore is what sold me on going to a poly design.

Mine shoot VERY accurately. Have no way - or desire - to gauge velocity. I pull the trigger, BANG! - and a hole appears in my target.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345