Thread: Tr24 versus XTR 1x4 package

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Tr24 versus XTR 1x4 package

I'm trying to decide on an optic for my mp15. I have looked at this long and hard. There are 2 things I have made my mind up on.
    1. I want a 1x4.
    2. Decisions would be much simpler if money were no object , but it is so $900 for mounts and optics is my budjet.

I had just about pulled the trigger on the TR24 with the german crosshair and green dot with the Larue LT 104-30 mount for $884 plus shipping.

Then I came across a burris package deal containing the 1x4 XTR with a fast fire II and the PEPR mount for $879 pus shipping. So now I'm scratching my head again!

Anyone have any experience with the burris set up ? What about the PEPR mount ? I know it's not the Larue , but is it usable?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I use the Burris XTR 1-4x for 3gun. I've been T&E a Trijicon TR24 with the green triangle. I like the TR24 a little better. It's really nice glass, not a knock on the Burris I like it too. If given the choice and I didn't already own the Burris I'd surely by the Trijicon TR24.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Yea I still am thinking the Tr 24 is the better scope, but the free fast fire II and ring mount to go on the XTR kind of got me thinking again.

Feedback Score
    I don't do any competition shooting, so this is just my personal preference, but I like the reticle of the Burris more than the TR24. I do admit that the TR24 has better glass though. Basically you need to be able to find both of these scopes and look through them to see which one you like.

Feedback Score
    the Fast Fire II would have to be vastly improved over the Fast Fire I owned briefly (then gladly sold at tremendous loss) for it to sway me away from the Trijicon.
    "Whatever it's for; it wasn't possible until now!!!" - KrampusArms

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    the Fast Fire II would have to be vastly improved over the Fast Fire I owned briefly (then gladly sold at tremendous loss) for it to sway me away from the Trijicon.
    The Fast Fire seems like a pretty simple product, what about it didn't you like?